Re: [BUG] [5.7.1] csheet_fantasy_combined lost rage buttons?

  • Chuck Pint
    Message 1 of 14 , May 31, 2004
      I'm working on that sheet right now. It has a number of bugs besides
      just Rage. For example, don't try to use the current release sheet
      with anything other that Internet Explorer. It won't display right. I
      hope to have this checked in by the end of next week. If anyone wants
      to be brave and help me test this sheet (which is what's taking me so
      long), I'd be happy to send you a copy.

      Chuck
      OS Lemur ?
      QA Lemur

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "tsalla2" <tsalla@c...> wrote:
      > Worked like a charm. Thanks! Please try to get this fix in the
      > official output sheet.
      >
      > Trevor
      >
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@v...> wrote:
      > > In the OS template, search for "%VAR.RAGE" (no quotes) and change
      every
      > > instance to "%VAR.RAGETIMES"
      > >
      > > That should fix things up.
      > >
      > > Barak
      > > ~PCGen BoD
      > > ~OS Silverback

    • Seb
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 1, 2004
        As a matter of fact, I have seen another block vanished : the turning
        table (for paladins and clerics). I don't know if it's on purpose or
        the result of another change in a variable name.

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Pint" <pcgen@c...> wrote:
        > I'm working on that sheet right now. It has a number of bugs besides
        > just Rage. For example, don't try to use the current release sheet
        > with anything other that Internet Explorer. It won't display right.
        > hope to have this checked in by the end of next week. If anyone
        wants
        > to be brave and help me test this sheet (which is what's taking me
        so
        > long), I'd be happy to send you a copy.
        >
        > Chuck
        > OS Lemur ?
        > QA Lemur

      • Seb
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 3, 2004
          From the Doc :
          csheet_fantasy_combined.html
          [...]
          Includes 2 images if they exist.
          They must have the name <character_name>.jpg and
          <character_name>_Full.jpg and be in the same directory as the
          exported sheet.

          However, the resulting OS include the full path to the images in the
          HTML code. Consequently, I have to edit the code to remove the path
          in order to use the OS in another location.

          A related question : a long time ago, there was reference to a new
          feature for PCGen : relative paths. How does it work ? Currently, I
          am using fixed paths in the Preferences/Location section and have to
          change it each time I copy my PCGen install on another system.

          Seb

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Seb" <sebastien.peslin@c...> wrote:
          > As a matter of fact, I have seen another block vanished : the
          turning
          > table (for paladins and clerics). I don't know if it's on purpose
          or
          > the result of another change in a variable name.
          >
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Pint" <pcgen@c...> wrote:
          > > I'm working on that sheet right now. It has a number of bugs
          besides
          > > just Rage. For example, don't try to use the current release sheet
          > > with anything other that Internet Explorer. It won't display
          right.
          > > hope to have this checked in by the end of next week. If anyone
          > wants
          > > to be brave and help me test this sheet (which is what's taking
          me
          > so
          > > long), I'd be happy to send you a copy.
          > >
          > > Chuck
          > > OS Lemur ?
          > > QA Lemur

        • Chuck Pint
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 3, 2004
            I've worked around that problem with a new updated "combined" OS. It's
            in the latest alpha release (or should be, I committed it last night).
            The old sheet uses |PORTRAIT|, which includes a path. The new one uses
            the |NAME| tag, and therefore has no path. The new at least follows
            the documentation. The old way always displayed the picture if it
            displayed in PCGEN. Which is more correct? I don't know, but I thought
            it should at least match the documentation.

            Chuck

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Seb" <sebastien.peslin@c...> wrote:
            > From the Doc :
            > csheet_fantasy_combined.html
            > [...]
            > Includes 2 images if they exist.
            > They must have the name <character_name>.jpg and
            > <character_name>_Full.jpg and be in the same directory as the
            > exported sheet.
            >
            > However, the resulting OS include the full path to the images in the
            > HTML code. Consequently, I have to edit the code to remove the path
            > in order to use the OS in another location.
            >
            > A related question : a long time ago, there was reference to a new
            > feature for PCGen : relative paths. How does it work ? Currently, I
            > am using fixed paths in the Preferences/Location section and have to
            > change it each time I copy my PCGen install on another system.
            >
            > Seb
            >
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Seb" <sebastien.peslin@c...> wrote:
            > > As a matter of fact, I have seen another block vanished : the
            > turning
            > > table (for paladins and clerics). I don't know if it's on purpose
            > or
            > > the result of another change in a variable name.
            > >
            > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Pint" <pcgen@c...> wrote:
            > > > I'm working on that sheet right now. It has a number of bugs
            > besides
            > > > just Rage. For example, don't try to use the current release sheet
            > > > with anything other that Internet Explorer. It won't display
            > right.
            > > > hope to have this checked in by the end of next week. If anyone
            > > wants
            > > > to be brave and help me test this sheet (which is what's taking
            > me
            > > so
            > > > long), I'd be happy to send you a copy.
            > > >
            > > > Chuck
            > > > OS Lemur ?
            > > > QA Lemur

          • Seb
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 3, 2004
              Thanks Chuck. Can you post the beta-OS on the yahoo groups files
              section ? (as I don't use the alpha)

              Seb

              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Pint" <pcgen@c...> wrote:
              > I've worked around that problem with a new updated "combined" OS.
              It's
              > in the latest alpha release (or should be, I committed it last
              night).
              > The old sheet uses |PORTRAIT|, which includes a path. The new one
              uses
              > the |NAME| tag, and therefore has no path. The new at least follows
              > the documentation. The old way always displayed the picture if it
              > displayed in PCGEN. Which is more correct? I don't know, but I
              thought
              > it should at least match the documentation.
              >
              > Chuck
              >
              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Seb" <sebastien.peslin@c...> wrote:
              > > From the Doc :
              > > csheet_fantasy_combined.html
              > > [...]
              > > Includes 2 images if they exist.
              > > They must have the name <character_name>.jpg and
              > > <character_name>_Full.jpg and be in the same directory as the
              > > exported sheet.
              > >
              > > However, the resulting OS include the full path to the images in
              the
              > > HTML code. Consequently, I have to edit the code to remove the
              path
              > > in order to use the OS in another location.
              > >
              > > A related question : a long time ago, there was reference to a
              new
              > > feature for PCGen : relative paths. How does it work ? Currently,
              > > am using fixed paths in the Preferences/Location section and have
              > > change it each time I copy my PCGen install on another system.
              > >
              > > Seb
            • Chuck Pint
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 3, 2004
                Well, I could, but the file is still in alpha, as in it's only been
                tested by me. I know that the yahoo files is always tight on space.
                I've taken the liberty of emailing the file to you directly, I hope
                you don't mind. Of course, if you do fine any glitches, please let me
                know.

                Chuck