[BUG] [5.7.1] csheet_fantasy_combined lost rage buttons?

  • tsalla2
    Message 1 of 14 , May 31, 2004
      I know csheet_fantasy_combined.htm is supposed to have buttons to show
      the raging and fatigued stats of barbarians, but this doesn't seem to
      work anymore. The buttons never show. I've tried with both a
      high-level multiclassed barbarian and a brand new first-level one. My
      guess is something has changed with the way PC Gen indicates a
      character is a barbarian or can rage, and the sheet hasn't been
      updated to match.

      Any insight? Quick fixes? (I'm not afraid to temporarily modify a
      copy of this file until the fix is officially made.) This was a great
      feature. Don't know how long it's been broken. Been using the
      standard sheet for a while.

      Trevor
    • Barak
      Message 2 of 14 , May 31, 2004
        Need a little more info so I can figure out what's going on...

        Which version of PCGen (5.6, 5.6.1, 5.7.1?) and which game mode?

        Barak
        ~PCGen BoD
        ~OS Silverback

      • Paul W. King
        Message 3 of 14 , May 31, 2004
          I'll have to dig through my archive of versions, but I also recall a 'Rage'
          and a 'Fatigue' button on the combined sheet at one point in time. Its been
          a while since I saw them.

          Paul W. King

          Message 4 of 14 , May 31, 2004
            I took a peak and the code is still in there for it, it's just not
            being triggered for some reason.

            using 5.7.1 with 3.5e

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@v...> wrote:
            > I'll have to dig through my archive of versions, but I also recall a
            'Rage'
            > and a 'Fatigue' button on the combined sheet at one point in time.
            Its been
            > a while since I saw them.
            >
            > Paul W. King
            > OGL SB, PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, TM Lemur, BoD

          • blithwyn
            Message 5 of 14 , May 31, 2004
              It is because the variable Rage is no longer set by the lst files.
              So a change should be made in either OS or DATA.

              Ratheof Blithwyn
              LST Lemur

              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "tsalla2" <tsalla@c...> wrote:
              > I took a peak and the code is still in there for it, it's just not
              > being triggered for some reason.
              >
              > using 5.7.1 with 3.5e
              >
              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King"
              <paulking.rhochi@v...> wrote:
              > > I'll have to dig through my archive of versions, but I also
              recall a
              > 'Rage'
              > > and a 'Fatigue' button on the combined sheet at one point in
              time.
              > Its been
              > > a while since I saw them.
              > >
              > > Paul W. King
              > > OGL SB, PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, TM Lemur, BoD

            • tir_gwaith
              Message 6 of 14 , May 31, 2004
                That OS (and possibly others) needs to be updated to the RageTimes,
                etc. VARs used in the current and forward datasets.

                Tir Gwaith
                LST Chimp
              • Barak
                Message 7 of 14 , May 31, 2004
                  In the OS template, search for "%VAR.RAGE" (no quotes) and change every
                  instance to "%VAR.RAGETIMES"

                  That should fix things up.

                  Barak
                  ~PCGen BoD
                  ~OS Silverback

                • tsalla2
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 31, 2004
                    Worked like a charm. Thanks! Please try to get this fix in the
                    official output sheet.

                    Trevor

                    > In the OS template, search for "%VAR.RAGE" (no quotes) and change every
                    > instance to "%VAR.RAGETIMES"
                    >
                    > That should fix things up.
                    >
                    > Barak
                    > ~PCGen BoD
                    > ~OS Silverback

                  • Chuck Pint
                    Message 9 of 14 , May 31, 2004
                      I'm working on that sheet right now. It has a number of bugs besides
                      just Rage. For example, don't try to use the current release sheet
                      with anything other that Internet Explorer. It won't display right. I
                      hope to have this checked in by the end of next week. If anyone wants
                      to be brave and help me test this sheet (which is what's taking me so
                      long), I'd be happy to send you a copy.

                      Chuck
                      OS Lemur ?
                      QA Lemur

                      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "tsalla2" <tsalla@c...> wrote:
                      > Worked like a charm. Thanks! Please try to get this fix in the
                      > official output sheet.
                      >
                      > Trevor
                      >
                      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@v...> wrote:
                      > > In the OS template, search for "%VAR.RAGE" (no quotes) and change
                      every
                      > > instance to "%VAR.RAGETIMES"
                      > >
                      > > That should fix things up.
                      > >
                      > > Barak
                      > > ~PCGen BoD
                      > > ~OS Silverback

                    • Seb
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 1 4:31 AM
                        As a matter of fact, I have seen another block vanished : the turning
                        table (for paladins and clerics). I don't know if it's on purpose or
                        the result of another change in a variable name.

                        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Pint" <pcgen@c...> wrote:
                        > I'm working on that sheet right now. It has a number of bugs besides
                        > just Rage. For example, don't try to use the current release sheet
                        > with anything other that Internet Explorer. It won't display right.
                        > hope to have this checked in by the end of next week. If anyone
                        wants
                        > to be brave and help me test this sheet (which is what's taking me
                        so
                        > long), I'd be happy to send you a copy.
                        >
                        > Chuck
                        > OS Lemur ?
                        > QA Lemur

                      • Seb
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jun 3 2:24 AM
                          From the Doc :
                          csheet_fantasy_combined.html
                          [...]
                          Includes 2 images if they exist.
                          They must have the name <character_name>.jpg and
                          <character_name>_Full.jpg and be in the same directory as the
                          exported sheet.

                          However, the resulting OS include the full path to the images in the
                          HTML code. Consequently, I have to edit the code to remove the path
                          in order to use the OS in another location.

                          A related question : a long time ago, there was reference to a new
                          feature for PCGen : relative paths. How does it work ? Currently, I
                          am using fixed paths in the Preferences/Location section and have to
                          change it each time I copy my PCGen install on another system.

                          Seb

                          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Seb" <sebastien.peslin@c...> wrote:
                          > As a matter of fact, I have seen another block vanished : the
                          turning
                          > table (for paladins and clerics). I don't know if it's on purpose
                          or
                          > the result of another change in a variable name.
                          >
                          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Pint" <pcgen@c...> wrote:
                          > > I'm working on that sheet right now. It has a number of bugs
                          besides
                          > > just Rage. For example, don't try to use the current release sheet
                          > > with anything other that Internet Explorer. It won't display
                          right.
                          > > hope to have this checked in by the end of next week. If anyone
                          > wants
                          > > to be brave and help me test this sheet (which is what's taking
                          me
                          > so
                          > > long), I'd be happy to send you a copy.
                          > >
                          > > Chuck
                          > > OS Lemur ?
                          > > QA Lemur

                        • Chuck Pint
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jun 3 5:39 AM
                            I've worked around that problem with a new updated "combined" OS. It's
                            in the latest alpha release (or should be, I committed it last night).
                            The old sheet uses |PORTRAIT|, which includes a path. The new one uses
                            the |NAME| tag, and therefore has no path. The new at least follows
                            the documentation. The old way always displayed the picture if it
                            displayed in PCGEN. Which is more correct? I don't know, but I thought
                            it should at least match the documentation.

                            Chuck

                            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Seb" <sebastien.peslin@c...> wrote:
                            > From the Doc :
                            > csheet_fantasy_combined.html
                            > [...]
                            > Includes 2 images if they exist.
                            > They must have the name <character_name>.jpg and
                            > <character_name>_Full.jpg and be in the same directory as the
                            > exported sheet.
                            >
                            > However, the resulting OS include the full path to the images in the
                            > HTML code. Consequently, I have to edit the code to remove the path
                            > in order to use the OS in another location.
                            >
                            > A related question : a long time ago, there was reference to a new
                            > feature for PCGen : relative paths. How does it work ? Currently, I
                            > am using fixed paths in the Preferences/Location section and have to
                            > change it each time I copy my PCGen install on another system.
                            >
                            > Seb
                            >
                            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Seb" <sebastien.peslin@c...> wrote:
                            > > As a matter of fact, I have seen another block vanished : the
                            > turning
                            > > table (for paladins and clerics). I don't know if it's on purpose
                            > or
                            > > the result of another change in a variable name.
                            > >
                            > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Pint" <pcgen@c...> wrote:
                            > > > I'm working on that sheet right now. It has a number of bugs
                            > besides
                            > > > just Rage. For example, don't try to use the current release sheet
                            > > > with anything other that Internet Explorer. It won't display
                            > right.
                            > > > hope to have this checked in by the end of next week. If anyone
                            > > wants
                            > > > to be brave and help me test this sheet (which is what's taking
                            > me
                            > > so
                            > > > long), I'd be happy to send you a copy.
                            > > >
                            > > > Chuck
                            > > > OS Lemur ?
                            > > > QA Lemur

                          • Seb
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jun 3 6:20 AM
                              Thanks Chuck. Can you post the beta-OS on the yahoo groups files
                              section ? (as I don't use the alpha)

                              Seb

                              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Pint" <pcgen@c...> wrote:
                              > I've worked around that problem with a new updated "combined" OS.
                              It's
                              > in the latest alpha release (or should be, I committed it last
                              night).
                              > The old sheet uses |PORTRAIT|, which includes a path. The new one
                              uses
                              > the |NAME| tag, and therefore has no path. The new at least follows
                              > the documentation. The old way always displayed the picture if it
                              > displayed in PCGEN. Which is more correct? I don't know, but I
                              thought
                              > it should at least match the documentation.
                              >
                              > Chuck
                              >
                              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Seb" <sebastien.peslin@c...> wrote:
                              > > From the Doc :
                              > > csheet_fantasy_combined.html
                              > > [...]
                              > > Includes 2 images if they exist.
                              > > They must have the name <character_name>.jpg and
                              > > <character_name>_Full.jpg and be in the same directory as the
                              > > exported sheet.
                              > >
                              > > However, the resulting OS include the full path to the images in
                              the
                              > > HTML code. Consequently, I have to edit the code to remove the
                              path
                              > > in order to use the OS in another location.
                              > >
                              > > A related question : a long time ago, there was reference to a
                              new
                              > > feature for PCGen : relative paths. How does it work ? Currently,
                              > > am using fixed paths in the Preferences/Location section and have
                              > > change it each time I copy my PCGen install on another system.
                              > >
                              > > Seb
                            • Chuck Pint
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jun 3 7:32 PM
                                Well, I could, but the file is still in alpha, as in it's only been
                                tested by me. I know that the yahoo files is always tight on space.
                                I've taken the liberty of emailing the file to you directly, I hope
                                you don't mind. Of course, if you do fine any glitches, please let me
                                know.

                                Chuck