[BUG?] Filtering Out Feat Types (Metamagic, etc.)

  • cynthb
    Message 1 of 3 , May 26, 2004
      Hi everyone,

      First of all, thanks for all the hard work; I've found PCGen a very
      useful tool over the years.

      I have a question about using the filters and filter customizations.
      Is there a way (without going through the raw data files, which is
      what I do now) to filter out feat types? I can't create a custom
      filter that would do this, like [Type : Metamagic] for example; I get
      a "filter X not found" error.

      I've searched through the archives here and haven't found anything
      relevant on the topic. The documentation doesn't go into much detail,
      and the third example in the edit window, which includes a Type:
      filter, doesn't work in 5.6.1.

      I'm guessing that since there is an example that does just what I was
      trying to do, somewhere along the way something got changed or left
      out, which is why I'm calling this a bug rather than a feature
      request. However, please correct me if I'm wrong here :-)

      Thanks!

      Cynthia
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 3 , May 29, 2004
        > I have a question about using the filters and filter
        > customizations.
        > Is there a way (without going through the raw data files, which is
        > what I do now) to filter out feat types? I can't create a custom
        > filter that would do this, like [Type : Metamagic] for example; I
        > get a "filter X not found" error.

        Forgive me for being dense, but I'm not sure I understand what
        you're looking for. Do you want to not include certain feat types in
        your game?

        Paul W. King
      • cynthb
        Message 3 of 3 , May 30, 2004
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@v...> wrote:

          > Forgive me for being dense, but I'm not sure I understand what
          > you're looking for. Do you want to not include certain feat types in
          > your game?

          Yes, that's part of the goal. For non-spellcasting characters I'd
          like to be able to filter out metamagic feats, but without removing
          them from the database, so other characters can still use them. (The
          Misc : Qualify filter leaves feats with no prerequisites like Quicken
          Spell.) I'd also like to filter out psionic feats, which show up in
          the listing even when I specifically haven't loaded the psionics
          handbook in the SRD.

          Currently, the available filters include source, genre, setting,
          normal / virtual / automatic, and Misc : Qualify.