Re: [pcgen] Re: adding templates via feat

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 11 , May 11, 2004
      On 5/10/04 11:56 PM, "merton_monk" <merton_monk@...> wrote:

      > I've gone ahead and removed ADD:TEMPLATE from feats.
      >
      > In the 5.6 code I've added TEMPLATE:whatever - could be
      > TEMPLATE:CHOOSE:something|other - so it works just like in race
      > files.
      >
      > In the 5.7+ code I've made TEMPLATE: global. At this point, however,
      > I've only enabled it for feats and races. Adding the ability for
      > other kinds of objects to add templates is fairly trivial since I've
      > put the infrastructure in place.
      >
      > Could Eddy or one of our amazing doc monkeys please make the
      > appropriate changes in the documentation? Thanks!
      >
      > -Bryan

      I've updated the entry (see below). I've also created a FREQ to track this.
      Since the entry I've added is in the feats section and there is already an
      entry in the race section there is no need yet for an entry in the global
      section. When the global aspect is activated make a note in this tracker and
      I'll update the docs.

      [ 951894 ] Add TEMPLATE:x|x to global tags

      Entry as follows
      *** New 5.6
      Tag Name: TEMPLATE:x|x

      Variables Used (x): Text (Name of template)

      What it does:
      This is a | (pipe) delimited list of templates that are granted by the feat.

      Example:

      TEMPLATE:Celestial
      Adds the "Celestial" template to the character.

      TEMPLATE:Half Dragon (Red)|Zombie
      Adds the templates "Half Dragon (Red)" and "Zombie" to the character.

      --
      ~ Eddy
      ~ Doc Chimp, Data Tamarin