[DOCS] Image update for 5.6

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3 8:36 AM
      The Doc Monkeys are pleased to announce that we have recently completed
      an overhaul of the images used in the PCGen documentation. In many cases new
      screen shots were created from the current production version (5.6) and were
      needed because of the many changes in the program.
      One thing you will notice is that the screen shots are all actual size
      which for those with large monitors is not a problem but for those with
      smaller monitors will require some scrolling. The reason for this is
      twofold, first full size screen shots are clear and easy to read. Second, a
      full size screen shot produces a smaller file size than if you were to scale
      it down. The reason for this is that when a screen shot is scaled down to
      say 80% anti-aliasing is used to retain to general appearance of the image
      which adds additional shades of color to the file and thus raises the files
      size. By using full size screen shots, eliminating redundant images and
      re-exporting the older graphics with Photoshop CS we have cut the download
      size of the docs from 3mb to about 1.6mb. Additionally most of the graphics
      now reside in a sub-folder in the images folder and are named in a way to
      more clearly indicate what they are.

      As always any comments, corrections, suggestions or volunteers are always
      welcome.

      This is being tracked under tracker: 943695 Update images for 5.6

      You can view the current version of the docs through the link below that
      reads: PCGen's FAQ

      --
      ~ Eddy
      ~ Doc Chimp, Data Tamarin