Re: Problems with Ranger in 5.60

  • merton_monk
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 29 9:19 PM
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Cramer" <kevin_cramer@y...>
      wrote:
      > It seems there are problems with rangers in 5.60. What is the
      correct
      > way to fix this? I don't see an update available since 5.60. I
      > started looking in CVS but I couldn't find the data files and I
      > probably wouldn't know which data files to download without doing
      all
      > of them.

      What problem do you see? We are planning on releasing a patch, but I
      don't see a ranger-related bug on the list.

      -Bryan

      > Thanks,
      > Kevin
    • Seb
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 30 2:36 AM
        These problems for instance :

        Tir seems to have done some fixes on it :

        Seb

        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Cramer" <kevin_cramer@y...>
        > wrote:
        > > It seems there are problems with rangers in 5.60. What is the
        > correct
        > > way to fix this? I don't see an update available since 5.60. I
        > > started looking in CVS but I couldn't find the data files and I
        > > probably wouldn't know which data files to download without doing
        > all
        > > of them.
        >
        > What problem do you see? We are planning on releasing a patch, but
        > don't see a ranger-related bug on the list.
        >
        > -Bryan
        >

        > > Thanks,
        > > Kevin
      • Kevin Cramer
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 30 10:02 AM
          I saw mentions of problems with rangers already and that's why I
          didn't think to describe it better.

          The problem that I am having is with the combat styles of the ranger.
          I'll create a 20th level ranger and at 20th level he only has the
          Ranger Two Weapon Combat (Two Weapon Fighting) feat. He never gets
          the Improved and Greater feats. I'm never asked about it either.
          When I look in the feat list I see the other two feats but they are in
          red and it claims I don't meet the PREFEAT but I should. I wonder if
          it isn't a name mismatch but I cannot seem to figure it out so far.

          The PREFEAT says "Ranger Two Weapon Fighting" which doesn't match the
          text of the original feat (at least if you take away the text in
          parentheses). I tried changing the LST file to say "Ranger Two Weapon
          Combat" but that didn't seem to change anything as far as I can tell.

          Duplicating it should be easy since all I'm doing is adding 20 levels
          of ranger to a new character. I'm just picking favored enemies,
          feats, and ability increases along the way.

          I still have this problem after the 5.6 patch that was just posted
          yesterday.

          Thanks,
          Kevin

          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Cramer" <kevin_cramer@y...>
          > wrote:
          > > It seems there are problems with rangers in 5.60. What is the
          > correct
          > > way to fix this? I don't see an update available since 5.60. I
          > > started looking in CVS but I couldn't find the data files and I
          > > probably wouldn't know which data files to download without doing
          > all
          > > of them.
          >
          > What problem do you see? We are planning on releasing a patch, but I
          > don't see a ranger-related bug on the list.
          >
          > -Bryan
          >

          > > Thanks,
          > > Kevin
        • Kevin Cramer
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 30 10:14 AM
            Yes, this is the problem I am seeing and you fix does indeed seem to
            work. At least I can pick those feats now. I'm going to try
            re-creating the character from scratch since it did take away from my
            feat pool to pick those feats on my own. Only other odd thing is the
            all the Favored Enemy feats I have are listed in red. It seems to
            work just fine though.

            Kevin

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Seb" <sebastien.peslin@c...> wrote:
            > These problems for instance :
            >
            > Tir seems to have done some fixes on it :
            >
            > Seb
            >
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "merton_monk" <merton_monk@y...> wrote:
            > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Cramer" <kevin_cramer@y...>
            > > wrote:
            > > > It seems there are problems with rangers in 5.60. What is the
            > > correct
            > > > way to fix this? I don't see an update available since 5.60. I
            > > > started looking in CVS but I couldn't find the data files and I
            > > > probably wouldn't know which data files to download without doing
            > > all
            > > > of them.
            > >
            > > What problem do you see? We are planning on releasing a patch, but
            > > don't see a ranger-related bug on the list.
            > >
            > > -Bryan
            > >

            > > > Thanks,
            > > > Kevin
          • peloqiun3
            Message 5 of 6 , May 6, 2004
              As a HalfOrc, you apparently can't take Orc as a favored enemy, even
              though there is no longer a restriction on that.

              And yes, all the Favored Enemy feats show up in red once they're added
              as if they're not legal, however they do seem to work (except for the
              whole Orc thing).