4/25/04 BoD minutes

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 29, 2004
      I'll try to capture everything that was discussed in the meeeting
      ===
      Present: Bryan, Beaver, Doug, Eddy, Barak, Shane, myself

      Issues discussed
      * Beaver was early
      * RL has eaten most of the SBs time these past couple weeks
      * possibly talk to linux distributors (Redhat, Suse, Mandrake and
      Gentoo were explicitly mentioned) to see if we can get PCGen bundled
      with them
      * talk of getting a spec together on how to properly code the 'if
      skill X is not a class skill, make it a class skill; else give a +y
      bonus'. this is needed for MSRD occupations, RPG Object's Blood and
      xxxx books and Privateer Press has sources that need this as well.
      * Doug is in the middle of an XML and MSRD rewrite
      * the QA is pounding away at bugs (go team go!)
      * some of the SBs can't do an update on the CVS docs folder...they
      have to wipe out the folder and then d/l everything from scratch.
      does anyone else have this issue?
      * Barak needs a javascript person for the _combined OS
      * when XML goes live, Shane says he'll need doc help
      * meeting times will be moved from Sundays at 9PM EST (GMT-5) to
      Wednesdays at 9:30PM EST (GMT-5)
      ===
      I'm pretty sure I hit everything.

      Paul W. King
    • Richard Clyne
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 29, 2004
        On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 13:26, Paul W. King wrote:
        > I'll try to capture everything that was discussed in the meeeting
        > ===
        > Present: Bryan, Beaver, Doug, Eddy, Barak, Shane, myself
        >
        > Issues discussed

        > * possibly talk to linux distributors (Redhat, Suse, Mandrake and
        > Gentoo were explicitly mentioned) to see if we can get PCGen bundled
        > with them

        Gentoo has pcgen 5.6 --- 'emerge pcgen' installs it

        Richard
      • Thomas Clegg
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 29, 2004
          > * some of the SBs can't do an update on the CVS docs folder...they
          > have to wipe out the folder and then d/l everything from scratch.
          > does anyone else have this issue?

          I have had this problem as well with wincvs.

          If I try doing a update -dP from a command line, it tells me that whatever
          file is in the way, please move it or something like that.

          However, if I just highlight the docs folder and do a <ctrl>+u (which I
          think is update -d equivalent) it works fine.

          Never could figure out the problem..... or even if I an getting any updates,
          etc....

          Tom
        • merton_monk
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 29, 2004
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Richard Clyne <richard@c...> wrote:
            > On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 13:26, Paul W. King wrote:
            > > I'll try to capture everything that was discussed in the meeeting
            > > ===
            > > Present: Bryan, Beaver, Doug, Eddy, Barak, Shane, myself
            > >
            > > Issues discussed
            >
            > > * possibly talk to linux distributors (Redhat, Suse, Mandrake
            and
            > > Gentoo were explicitly mentioned) to see if we can get PCGen
            bundled
            > > with them
            >
            > Gentoo has pcgen 5.6 --- 'emerge pcgen' installs it

            I think this is very cool. Maybe someday we'll become part of a
            Windows Update! That'll probably happen just after Bill Gates and
            Steve Jobs open up a WiFi Restaurant together and call it "Bill and
            Steve's Silicone Cafe".

            -Bryan

            > Richard
          • Darion Shadowkeeper
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 30, 2004
              At 02:19 PM 30/04/2004, you wrote:

              >--- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Richard Clyne <richard@c...> wrote:
              > > On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 13:26, Paul W. King wrote:
              > > > I'll try to capture everything that was discussed in the meeeting
              > > > ===
              > > > Present: Bryan, Beaver, Doug, Eddy, Barak, Shane, myself
              > > >
              > > > Issues discussed
              > >
              > > > * possibly talk to linux distributors (Redhat, Suse, Mandrake
              >and
              > > > Gentoo were explicitly mentioned) to see if we can get PCGen
              >bundled
              > > > with them
              > >
              > > Gentoo has pcgen 5.6 --- 'emerge pcgen' installs it
              >
              >I think this is very cool. Maybe someday we'll become part of a
              >Windows Update! That'll probably happen just after Bill Gates and
              >Steve Jobs open up a WiFi Restaurant together and call it "Bill and
              >Steve's Silicone Cafe".
              >
              >-Bryan

              It's not that farfetched, I mean did you see the April Fools day joke about
              d20 becoming the default Windows RPG? And the WiFi restaurant idea is no
              more farfetched with that pair being so deep in each others pockets at times.

              -- Allan

            • blithwyn
              Message 6 of 6 , May 1, 2004
                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@v...>
                wrote:
                <snip>
                > * talk of getting a spec together on how to properly code the 'if
                > skill X is not a class skill, make it a class skill; else give a
                +y
                > bonus'. this is needed for MSRD occupations, RPG Object's Blood
                and
                > xxxx books and Privateer Press has sources that need this as well.
                <snip>

                Need this for FFG:Dawnforge as well.

                Ratheof Blithwyn
                LST Lemur