[LST BUG] light armor spell failure

  • Steinar Hauan
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 24 3:34 PM
      hello,

      trying to customize a standard "light armor" item gives the error

      PreClass on equipment: Chain Shirt pre: at least 1 levels of BARD

      --> the implementation of the Bard "avoid spell failure" is incorrect

      current implementation:
      BONUS:EQMARMOR|SPELLFAILURE|-N|PRECLASS:1,Bard=1
      possible alternative
      BONUS:EQMARMOR|SPELLFAILURE|(-N*(CLASS=Bard))

      where "N" is the base number in SPELLFAILURE:N

      autobuild timestamp "200404241914"

      regards,
      --
      Steinar Hauan, dept of ChemE -- hauan@...
      Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh PA, USA
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 29 4:40 PM
        Steinar Hauan wrote:

        >hello,
        >
        > trying to customize a standard "light armor" item gives the error
        >
        >PreClass on equipment: Chain Shirt pre: at least 1 levels of BARD
        >
        > --> the implementation of the Bard "avoid spell failure" is incorrect
        >
        >current implementation:
        > BONUS:EQMARMOR|SPELLFAILURE|-N|PRECLASS:1,Bard=1
        >possible alternative
        > BONUS:EQMARMOR|SPELLFAILURE|(-N*(CLASS=Bard))
        >
        > where "N" is the base number in SPELLFAILURE:N

        That would be completely ineffective, as there is no such variables as
        CLASS=Bard. I'm not even sure what that's supposed to represent.

        --
        Soylant Clear: Clearly less people, Clearly less fat.
      • merton_monk
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 29 9:31 PM
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Emily Smirle <smirle4498@r...> wrote:
          > Steinar Hauan wrote:
          >
          > >hello,
          > >
          > > trying to customize a standard "light armor" item gives the
          error

          > >PreClass on equipment: Chain Shirt pre: at least 1 levels of BARD
          > >
          > > --> the implementation of the Bard "avoid spell failure" is
          incorrect

          > >current implementation:
          > > BONUS:EQMARMOR|SPELLFAILURE|-N|PRECLASS:1,Bard=1
          > >possible alternative
          > > BONUS:EQMARMOR|SPELLFAILURE|(-N*(CLASS=Bard))
          > >
          > > where "N" is the base number in SPELLFAILURE:N

          In a formula, CLASS=Bard should return 1 if you have a Bard class
          and 0 if you don't. CLASSLEVEL=Bard would return how many Bard
          levels you have. so -N*(CLASS=Bard) will return -N if you have at
          least one level of Bard, otherwise it will return 0. -N*
          (CLASSLEVEL=Bard) will return -N*2 if you had 2 levels of Bard.
          This should work in any formula that accepts variables. I'm not sure
          if this is documented or not.... if not, it should be. :)

          -Bryan

          > That would be completely ineffective, as there is no such
          variables as
          > CLASS=Bard. I'm not even sure what that's supposed to represent.
          >
          > --
          > Soylant Clear: Clearly less people, Clearly less fat.
        • Frugal
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 30 1:19 AM
            <quote who="merton_monk">
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Emily Smirle <smirle4498@r...> wrote:
            >> Steinar Hauan wrote:
            >> >current implementation:
            >> > BONUS:EQMARMOR|SPELLFAILURE|-N|PRECLASS:1,Bard=1
            >> >possible alternative
            >> > BONUS:EQMARMOR|SPELLFAILURE|(-N*(CLASS=Bard))
            >> >
            >> > where "N" is the base number in SPELLFAILURE:N
            >
            >> That would be completely ineffective, as there is no such
            > variables as
            >> CLASS=Bard. I'm not even sure what that's supposed to represent.
            >
            > In a formula, CLASS=Bard should return 1 if you have a Bard class
            > and 0 if you don't. CLASSLEVEL=Bard would return how many Bard
            > levels you have. so -N*(CLASS=Bard) will return -N if you have at
            > least one level of Bard, otherwise it will return 0. -N*
            > (CLASSLEVEL=Bard) will return -N*2 if you had 2 levels of Bard.
            > This should work in any formula that accepts variables. I'm not sure
            > if this is documented or not.... if not, it should be. :)

            It is currently docuemnted under the "DEFINES" section:

            CL
            Class Level of this class.
            CL=name
            Class Level of the named class.
            CLASS=name
            Returns a 1 if the character has the named class, otherwise 0.
            CLASSLEVEL=name
            Class Level of the named class, replacing { with ( and } with ). e.g.
            CLASSLEVEL=Warrior {Ruby} would return the level of Warrior (Ruby) since
            ( and ) have other meanings in DEFINE variables.

            --
            regards,
            Frugal
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 30 5:07 AM
              On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 00:31, merton_monk wrote:
              > In a formula, CLASS=Bard should return 1 if you have a Bard class
              > and 0 if you don't. CLASSLEVEL=Bard would return how many Bard
              > levels you have. so -N*(CLASS=Bard) will return -N if you have at
              > least one level of Bard, otherwise it will return 0. -N*
              > (CLASSLEVEL=Bard) will return -N*2 if you had 2 levels of Bard.
              > This should work in any formula that accepts variables. I'm not sure
              > if this is documented or not.... if not, it should be. :)

              it is documented -- that's at least how i found it in the first place.
              the formulae also works; i've tested it.

              regards,