Re: [pcgen] Craft Skill

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 6 8:51 AM
      On 4/6/04 10:51 AM, "silk156" <silk156@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > I'm fairly new to PCGen and I have a question. I am currently at
      > work [don't tell anybody :)] and don't have any of my books handy so
      > I am not sure if this is a bug or something I'm not remembering. I
      > am creating a character with a 14 INT (+2 bonus). When I give him 4
      > ranks in the Craft(Bowmaking) skill he ends up with a +4 modifier.
      > The character sheet shows the +4 for ranks and +2 for INT bonus, but
      > it also shows a -2 for misc. modifier. I've tried several different
      > craft skills and this is always the case. The Craft(untrained)
      > skill does not show the -2 modifier.
      >
      > Is this a bug or am I forgetting about some kind of check penalty?
      > The character wears +1 Chain shirt (armour check penaly of 1) so I
      > don't think that is it. I am using v5.60 on a machine running WinXP
      > Pro. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Try equiping your character with bowmaking tools. Cuurently there is a
      penalty to certain skills (Craft skills, pick lock and ride) unless you have
      the nessissary tools for the job.

      --
      ~ Eddy
      ~ Doc Chimp, Data Tamarin
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 6 8:54 AM
        Thanks. Right before I read your reply, I looked at the skills list
        file and noticed that it was apply the -2 for a lack tools. Guess I
        shouldn't have given up on the digging through files before
        posting :)

        On a somewhat related note, I found some posts regarding the ride
        skill and the negative modifiers for saddles (or lack thereof).
        Somebody posted aksing how often a character goes riding without a
        saddle. My character was going to ride bear back and use one of the
        horses "trick slots" to offset the no saddle penaltly. I haven't
        found where you can give your animals tricks. Is this currently in
        PCGen?

        Stuart

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Beckwith" <Sardonicus@S...> wrote:
        > PcGen automatically applies a -2 to all craft skills unless you
        have the
        > appropriate craft tools equipped.
        > Ed

      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 7 6:01 AM
          On 4/6/04 11:54 AM, "silk156" <silk156@...> wrote:

          > Thanks. Right before I read your reply, I looked at the skills list
          > file and noticed that it was apply the -2 for a lack tools. Guess I
          > shouldn't have given up on the digging through files before
          > posting :)
          >
          > On a somewhat related note, I found some posts regarding the ride
          > skill and the negative modifiers for saddles (or lack thereof).
          > Somebody posted aksing how often a character goes riding without a
          > saddle. My character was going to ride bear back and use one of the
          > horses "trick slots" to offset the no saddle penaltly. I haven't
          > found where you can give your animals tricks. Is this currently in
          > PCGen?
          >
          > Stuart

          Not specifically that I am aware of. If you have created your animal as a
          character you could go to the abilities tab and click the add SA button and
          manually type it in. Also useful is the notes feature in the description
          tab, I use it for most things that are not yet covered by PCGens features
          (i.e. Inteligent weapons stats and such)

          Adding animal tricks to PCGen's features is not an idea I had though about
          and bares looking into.