RE: [pcgen] Craft Skill

  • Robert Nichols
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 6 8:21 AM
      There is a -2 penalty if he doesn't have the craft tools that he needs at
      hand. Equip him with the appropriate tool set and this -2 should go away.

      The Cat.Dragon

      _____

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 6 8:51 AM
        On 4/6/04 10:51 AM, "silk156" <silk156@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I'm fairly new to PCGen and I have a question. I am currently at
        > work [don't tell anybody :)] and don't have any of my books handy so
        > I am not sure if this is a bug or something I'm not remembering. I
        > am creating a character with a 14 INT (+2 bonus). When I give him 4
        > ranks in the Craft(Bowmaking) skill he ends up with a +4 modifier.
        > The character sheet shows the +4 for ranks and +2 for INT bonus, but
        > it also shows a -2 for misc. modifier. I've tried several different
        > craft skills and this is always the case. The Craft(untrained)
        > skill does not show the -2 modifier.
        >
        > Is this a bug or am I forgetting about some kind of check penalty?
        > The character wears +1 Chain shirt (armour check penaly of 1) so I
        > don't think that is it. I am using v5.60 on a machine running WinXP
        > Pro. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

        Try equiping your character with bowmaking tools. Cuurently there is a
        penalty to certain skills (Craft skills, pick lock and ride) unless you have
        the nessissary tools for the job.

        --
        ~ Eddy
        ~ Doc Chimp, Data Tamarin
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 6 8:54 AM
          Thanks. Right before I read your reply, I looked at the skills list
          file and noticed that it was apply the -2 for a lack tools. Guess I
          shouldn't have given up on the digging through files before
          posting :)

          On a somewhat related note, I found some posts regarding the ride
          skill and the negative modifiers for saddles (or lack thereof).
          Somebody posted aksing how often a character goes riding without a
          saddle. My character was going to ride bear back and use one of the
          horses "trick slots" to offset the no saddle penaltly. I haven't
          found where you can give your animals tricks. Is this currently in
          PCGen?

          Stuart

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Beckwith" <Sardonicus@S...> wrote:
          > PcGen automatically applies a -2 to all craft skills unless you
          have the
          > appropriate craft tools equipped.
          > Ed

        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 7 6:01 AM
            On 4/6/04 11:54 AM, "silk156" <silk156@...> wrote:

            > Thanks. Right before I read your reply, I looked at the skills list
            > file and noticed that it was apply the -2 for a lack tools. Guess I
            > shouldn't have given up on the digging through files before
            > posting :)
            >
            > On a somewhat related note, I found some posts regarding the ride
            > skill and the negative modifiers for saddles (or lack thereof).
            > Somebody posted aksing how often a character goes riding without a
            > saddle. My character was going to ride bear back and use one of the
            > horses "trick slots" to offset the no saddle penaltly. I haven't
            > found where you can give your animals tricks. Is this currently in
            > PCGen?
            >
            > Stuart

            Not specifically that I am aware of. If you have created your animal as a
            character you could go to the abilities tab and click the add SA button and
            manually type it in. Also useful is the notes feature in the description
            tab, I use it for most things that are not yet covered by PCGens features
            (i.e. Inteligent weapons stats and such)

            Adding animal tricks to PCGen's features is not an idea I had though about
            and bares looking into.