RE: [pcgen] Craft Skill

  • Robert Nichols
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 6, 2004
      There is a -2 penalty if he doesn't have the craft tools that he needs at
      hand. Equip him with the appropriate tool set and this -2 should go away.

      The Cat.Dragon

      _____

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 6, 2004
        On 4/6/04 10:51 AM, "silk156" <silk156@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I'm fairly new to PCGen and I have a question. I am currently at
        > work [don't tell anybody :)] and don't have any of my books handy so
        > I am not sure if this is a bug or something I'm not remembering. I
        > am creating a character with a 14 INT (+2 bonus). When I give him 4
        > ranks in the Craft(Bowmaking) skill he ends up with a +4 modifier.
        > The character sheet shows the +4 for ranks and +2 for INT bonus, but
        > it also shows a -2 for misc. modifier. I've tried several different
        > craft skills and this is always the case. The Craft(untrained)
        > skill does not show the -2 modifier.
        >
        > Is this a bug or am I forgetting about some kind of check penalty?
        > The character wears +1 Chain shirt (armour check penaly of 1) so I
        > don't think that is it. I am using v5.60 on a machine running WinXP
        > Pro. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

        Try equiping your character with bowmaking tools. Cuurently there is a
        penalty to certain skills (Craft skills, pick lock and ride) unless you have
        the nessissary tools for the job.

        --
        ~ Eddy
        ~ Doc Chimp, Data Tamarin
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 6, 2004
          PcGen automatically applies a -2 to all craft skills unless you have the
          appropriate craft tools equipped.
          Ed
          > I'm fairly new to PCGen and I have a question. I am currently at
          > work [don't tell anybody :)] and don't have any of my books handy so
          > I am not sure if this is a bug or something I'm not remembering. I
          > am creating a character with a 14 INT (+2 bonus). When I give him 4
          > ranks in the Craft(Bowmaking) skill he ends up with a +4 modifier.
          > The character sheet shows the +4 for ranks and +2 for INT bonus, but
          > it also shows a -2 for misc. modifier. I've tried several different
          > craft skills and this is always the case. The Craft(untrained)
          > skill does not show the -2 modifier.
          >
          > Is this a bug or am I forgetting about some kind of check penalty?
          > The character wears +1 Chain shirt (armour check penaly of 1) so I
          > don't think that is it. I am using v5.60 on a machine running WinXP
          > Pro. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

          > PCGen's FAQ:

        • silk156
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 6, 2004
            Thanks. Right before I read your reply, I looked at the skills list
            file and noticed that it was apply the -2 for a lack tools. Guess I
            shouldn't have given up on the digging through files before
            posting :)

            On a somewhat related note, I found some posts regarding the ride
            skill and the negative modifiers for saddles (or lack thereof).
            Somebody posted aksing how often a character goes riding without a
            saddle. My character was going to ride bear back and use one of the
            horses "trick slots" to offset the no saddle penaltly. I haven't
            found where you can give your animals tricks. Is this currently in
            PCGen?

            Stuart

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Beckwith" <Sardonicus@S...> wrote:
            > PcGen automatically applies a -2 to all craft skills unless you
            have the
            > appropriate craft tools equipped.
            > Ed

          • Eddy Anthony
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 7, 2004
              On 4/6/04 11:54 AM, "silk156" <silk156@...> wrote:

              > Thanks. Right before I read your reply, I looked at the skills list
              > file and noticed that it was apply the -2 for a lack tools. Guess I
              > shouldn't have given up on the digging through files before
              > posting :)
              >
              > On a somewhat related note, I found some posts regarding the ride
              > skill and the negative modifiers for saddles (or lack thereof).
              > Somebody posted aksing how often a character goes riding without a
              > saddle. My character was going to ride bear back and use one of the
              > horses "trick slots" to offset the no saddle penaltly. I haven't
              > found where you can give your animals tricks. Is this currently in
              > PCGen?
              >
              > Stuart

              Not specifically that I am aware of. If you have created your animal as a
              character you could go to the abilities tab and click the add SA button and
              manually type it in. Also useful is the notes feature in the description
              tab, I use it for most things that are not yet covered by PCGens features
              (i.e. Inteligent weapons stats and such)

              Adding animal tricks to PCGen's features is not an idea I had though about
              and bares looking into.