Re: [pcgen] Skill LST file, BONUS:SKILLRANK

  • Frugal
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 2004
      <quote who="John @nderson">
      > In a BONUS:SKILLRANK structure, is there a variable that keeps track of
      > the ranks in specific skills.
      > Example: I want to make a seperate skill for Use Magic Device, relating to
      > scrolls, seeing you get Synergies off of other skills. So in programming
      > theory, you just set a BONUS:SKILLRANK tag equal to the ranks in Use Magic
      > Device.
      > Is there an easy way to accomplish this, or am I going to have to define
      > my own variables? and again, how do you get the file to recognize how many
      > ranks you have in a skill?

      In the RSRD (data/d20ogl/srd35/rsrd_skills.lst) "Survival (Underground)"
      is based off of "Survival" in the same way:

      Survival
      KEYSTAT:WIS
      TYPE:Wisdom
      SOURCEPAGE:SkillsII.rtf

      Survival (Underground)
      KEYSTAT:WIS
      EXCLUSIVE:YES
      TYPE:Wisdom
      SOURCEPAGE:SkillsII.rtf
      BONUS:SKILLRANK|Survival (Underground)|Survival.RANK

      --
      regards,
      Frugal
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6, 2004
        John @nderson wrote:

        >In a BONUS:SKILLRANK structure, is there a variable that keeps track of the ranks in specific skills.
        >Example: I want to make a seperate skill for Use Magic Device, relating to scrolls, seeing you get Synergies off of other skills. So in programming theory, you just set a BONUS:SKILLRANK tag equal to the ranks in Use Magic Device.
        >Is there an easy way to accomplish this, or am I going to have to define my own variables? and again, how do you get the file to recognize how many ranks you have in a skill?

        BONUS:SKILLRANK|MyNewSkill|SKILL.Use Magic Device.RANK

        --
        Soylant Clear: Clearly less people, Clearly less fat.