Skill LST file, BONUS:SKILLRANK

  • John @nderson
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 2004
      In a BONUS:SKILLRANK structure, is there a variable that keeps track of the ranks in specific skills.
      Example: I want to make a seperate skill for Use Magic Device, relating to scrolls, seeing you get Synergies off of other skills. So in programming theory, you just set a BONUS:SKILLRANK tag equal to the ranks in Use Magic Device.
      Is there an easy way to accomplish this, or am I going to have to define my own variables? and again, how do you get the file to recognize how many ranks you have in a skill?

      thanks
      //john

    • Frugal
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6, 2004
        <quote who="John @nderson">
        > In a BONUS:SKILLRANK structure, is there a variable that keeps track of
        > the ranks in specific skills.
        > Example: I want to make a seperate skill for Use Magic Device, relating to
        > scrolls, seeing you get Synergies off of other skills. So in programming
        > theory, you just set a BONUS:SKILLRANK tag equal to the ranks in Use Magic
        > Device.
        > Is there an easy way to accomplish this, or am I going to have to define
        > my own variables? and again, how do you get the file to recognize how many
        > ranks you have in a skill?

        In the RSRD (data/d20ogl/srd35/rsrd_skills.lst) "Survival (Underground)"
        is based off of "Survival" in the same way:

        Survival
        KEYSTAT:WIS
        TYPE:Wisdom
        SOURCEPAGE:SkillsII.rtf

        Survival (Underground)
        KEYSTAT:WIS
        EXCLUSIVE:YES
        TYPE:Wisdom
        SOURCEPAGE:SkillsII.rtf
        BONUS:SKILLRANK|Survival (Underground)|Survival.RANK

        --
        regards,
        Frugal
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 6, 2004
          John @nderson wrote:

          >In a BONUS:SKILLRANK structure, is there a variable that keeps track of the ranks in specific skills.
          >Example: I want to make a seperate skill for Use Magic Device, relating to scrolls, seeing you get Synergies off of other skills. So in programming theory, you just set a BONUS:SKILLRANK tag equal to the ranks in Use Magic Device.
          >Is there an easy way to accomplish this, or am I going to have to define my own variables? and again, how do you get the file to recognize how many ranks you have in a skill?

          BONUS:SKILLRANK|MyNewSkill|SKILL.Use Magic Device.RANK

          --
          Soylant Clear: Clearly less people, Clearly less fat.