Re: [pcgen] Re: pcgen RE: running java

  • Darion Shadowkeeper
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2004
      In other words it's not in the system path. Looks like someone did a
      private installation. Copy the java.exe file to the winnt\system32\ directory.

      "Private vs. public J2RE - Installing the Java 2 SDK installs a private
      Java 2 Runtime Environment and optionally a public copy. The private J2RE
      is required to run the tools included with the Java 2 SDK. It has no
      registry settings and is contained entirely in a jre directory (typically
      at C:\Program Files\j2sdk1.4.2\jre) whose location is known only to the
      SDK. On the other hand, the public J2RE can be used by other Java
      applications, is contained outside the SDK (typically at C:\Program
      Files\Java\j2re1.4.2), is registered with the Windows registry (at
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft), can be removed using Add/Remove
      Programs, might or might not be registered with browsers, and might or
      might not have java.exe copied to the Windows system directory (making it
      the default system Java platform or not)."

      -- Allan