How do I ??? (Newbie question)

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2004
      Hi all. I have just started useing PCGen and am trying to create a
      half-elf cleric useing SRD basic 3.0 rules.
      I have put in the race and class, but when I go to the domains tab, I
      can't work out how to add the deity. I click on the choose button but
      nothing happens.
      What am I doing wrong????
    • David McMahon
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 2004
        My newbie question is how does one add their familiar? I can't figure that one out.

        I did figure out how to add the domains but not any deities. I entered in the information on Murlynd but couldn't get him listed as my deity.

        David McMahon
        dmcmahon1@...
        "Character is doing the right thing
        when nobody is looking."
        Hi all. I have just started useing PCGen and am trying to create a
        half-elf cleric useing SRD basic 3.0 rules.
        I have put in the race and class, but when I go to the domains tab, I
        can't work out how to add the deity. I click on the choose button but
        nothing happens.
        What am I doing wrong????

        PCGen's FAQ:

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Sigurdur H. Olafsson
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 4, 2004
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David McMahon" <dmcmahon1@e...> wrote:
          > My newbie question is how does one add their familiar?
          > I can't figure that one out.

          Familiars are added through the "Resources" tab under Inventory.

          > I did figure out how to add the domains but not any deities.
          > I entered in the information on Murlynd but couldn't get him
          > listed as my deity.

          After adding your deity via the "Deity Editor", did you restart
          PCGen to see if it appears?

          > David McMahon
          > dmcmahon1@e...
          > "Character is doing the right thing
          > when nobody is looking."

        • David McMahon
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 4, 2004
            No, I didn't try to restart it. Will try that next. thanks :-)

            David McMahon
            dmcmahon1@...
            "Character is doing the right thing
            when nobody is looking."
            > My newbie question is how does one add their familiar?
            > I can't figure that one out.

            Familiars are added through the "Resources" tab under Inventory.

            > I did figure out how to add the domains but not any deities.
            > I entered in the information on Murlynd but couldn't get him
            > listed as my deity.

            After adding your deity via the "Deity Editor", did you restart
            PCGen to see if it appears?

            > David McMahon
            > dmcmahon1@e...
            > "Character is doing the right thing
            > when nobody is looking."

            PCGen's FAQ:

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • jackalnz01
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 7, 2004
              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Sigurdur H. Olafsson" <here@h...>
              wrote:
              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David McMahon" <dmcmahon1@e...>
              wrote:
              > > My newbie question is how does one add their familiar?
              > > I can't figure that one out.
              >
              > Familiars are added through the "Resources" tab under Inventory.
              >
              > > I did figure out how to add the domains but not any deities.
              > > I entered in the information on Murlynd but couldn't get him
              > > listed as my deity.
              >
              > After adding your deity via the "Deity Editor", did you restart
              > PCGen to see if it appears?

              You shouldn't have too. I've just added all the deities from the
              Faiths and Pantheon via the LST editor and everything works fine.

              Jackal (QA Lemur)