Re: [pcgen] LST Editor is FUBAR

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2004
      Hi Martin,

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Martin Feller" <martinfeller@...>
      To: <pcgen@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2004 4:25 PM
      Subject: [pcgen] LST Editor is FUBAR

      > Custom races that I create with bonuses to stat show a stat bonus in the
      > "Race Adj" column, followed by and equal penalty in the "Other Adj"
      column.
      > If I cut-n-paste the race into one of the main lst files, it still does
      the
      > same thing.

      This behaviour is normally associated with a problem processing the
      character, particularly the age settings. What version of PCGen are you
      using?

      > I have spent the last two hours messing around with this stupid thing,
      with
      > nothing to show for it but a headache. What a colossal waste of time. Why
      > not just gray out the option until it actually works, rather than get us
      > code-impaired folks' hopes up?

      I know that classes don't work for level based benefits (it's on my much
      neglected to-do list), but in the 5.6 release, races should work correctly
      for most normal things. Please feel free to send me your custom race and
      bioset files and I will check out what is wrong.

      James Dempsey
      JDempsey@...
      PCGEN Code Monkey
    • wolfgangpm
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 15, 2004
        > > Custom races that I create with bonuses to stat show a stat bonus
        in the
        > > "Race Adj" column, followed by and equal penalty in the "Other Adj"
        > column.
        > > If I cut-n-paste the race into one of the main lst files, it still
        does
        > the
        > > same thing.
        > >
        > This behaviour is normally associated with a problem processing the
        > character, particularly the age settings. What version of PCGen are you
        > using?
        >
        > > I have spent the last two hours messing around with this stupid thing,
        > with
        > > nothing to show for it but a headache. What a colossal waste of
        time. Why
        > > not just gray out the option until it actually works, rather than
        get us
        > > code-impaired folks' hopes up?
        > >
        > I know that classes don't work for level based benefits (it's on my much
        > neglected to-do list), but in the 5.6 release, races should work
        correctly
        > for most normal things. Please feel free to send me your custom race and
        > bioset files and I will check out what is wrong.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > James Dempsey
        > JDempsey@a...
        > PCGEN Code Monkey

        Thanks for your response on this issue, I had the same problem with it
        untill I read this and added the age information in my specific race
        information.
      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 16, 2004

          > Thanks for your response on this issue, I had the same problem with it
          > untill I read this and added the age information in my specific race
          > information.

          What version of PCGen were you having the problem with?

          James Dempsey
          JDempsey@...
          PCGEN Code Monkey