LST Editor is FUBAR

  • Martin Feller
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2004
      Custom races that I create with bonuses to stat show a stat bonus in the
      "Race Adj" column, followed by and equal penalty in the "Other Adj" column.
      If I cut-n-paste the race into one of the main lst files, it still does the
      same thing.

      I have spent the last two hours messing around with this stupid thing, with
      nothing to show for it but a headache. What a colossal waste of time. Why
      not just gray out the option until it actually works, rather than get us
      code-impaired folks' hopes up?
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2004
        Hi Martin,

        > Custom races that I create with bonuses to stat show a stat bonus in the
        > "Race Adj" column, followed by and equal penalty in the "Other Adj"
        column.
        > If I cut-n-paste the race into one of the main lst files, it still does
        the
        > same thing.

        This behaviour is normally associated with a problem processing the
        character, particularly the age settings. What version of PCGen are you
        using?

        > I have spent the last two hours messing around with this stupid thing,
        with
        > nothing to show for it but a headache. What a colossal waste of time. Why
        > not just gray out the option until it actually works, rather than get us
        > code-impaired folks' hopes up?

        I know that classes don't work for level based benefits (it's on my much
        neglected to-do list), but in the 5.6 release, races should work correctly
        for most normal things. Please feel free to send me your custom race and
        bioset files and I will check out what is wrong.

        James Dempsey
        JDempsey@...
        PCGEN Code Monkey
      • wolfgangpm
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 15, 2004
          > > Custom races that I create with bonuses to stat show a stat bonus
          in the
          > > "Race Adj" column, followed by and equal penalty in the "Other Adj"
          > column.
          > > If I cut-n-paste the race into one of the main lst files, it still
          does
          > the
          > > same thing.
          > >
          > This behaviour is normally associated with a problem processing the
          > character, particularly the age settings. What version of PCGen are you
          > using?
          >
          > > I have spent the last two hours messing around with this stupid thing,
          > with
          > > nothing to show for it but a headache. What a colossal waste of
          time. Why
          > > not just gray out the option until it actually works, rather than
          get us
          > > code-impaired folks' hopes up?
          > >
          > I know that classes don't work for level based benefits (it's on my much
          > neglected to-do list), but in the 5.6 release, races should work
          correctly
          > for most normal things. Please feel free to send me your custom race and
          > bioset files and I will check out what is wrong.
          >
          > Cheers,
          > James Dempsey
          > JDempsey@a...
          > PCGEN Code Monkey

          Thanks for your response on this issue, I had the same problem with it
          untill I read this and added the age information in my specific race
          information.
        • James Dempsey
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 16, 2004

            > Thanks for your response on this issue, I had the same problem with it
            > untill I read this and added the age information in my specific race
            > information.

            What version of PCGen were you having the problem with?

            James Dempsey
            JDempsey@...
            PCGEN Code Monkey