Re: [pcgen] what did i do wrong with the download?

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2004

      From: "zoggc42" <zoggc42@...>
      To: <pcgen@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004 5:21 PM
      Subject: [pcgen] what did i do wrong with the download?

      > i spent the 45 min downloading on my tank and got a nice big zip
      > file, unzipped like it said and well i thought something would
      > happen, exe. start. shiny red button. idont know something is there a
      > real obvious thingey i missed, i dont want to do it all over.. help..
      > please.

      What you should have is a pcgen.bat file and a pcgen.jar file in the pcgen
      directory (under some settings you will just see two pcgen files). Double
      click on either of those and it should start. If it doesn't try this check -
      open a command prompt and type "java -version" at the prompt (without the
      quotes). If you get a bad command or filename, you will also need to
      download the Java runtime. You can get this by clicking on the yellow "Get
      it now" button at the top of his page http://java.com/

      James Dempsey
      JDempsey@...
      PCGEN Code Monkey