[BUG][5.7.1]BONUS:COMBAT Tag behavior

  • tremblsic
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29 9:04 PM
      Here's my problem. I'm trying to write a custom feat that would work just
      like Weapon Finesse,
      but apply the bonus to DAMAGE. This is the BONUS tag used for the Weapon
      Finesse:

      BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT.Finesseable|(((STRMAXDEX)-STR)+SHIELDACCHECK)|TYPE=NotRanged

      If I take exactly the same syntax and replace the bonus type TOHIT for
      DAMAGE, it does not work properly:

      BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGE.Finesseable|(((STRMAXDEX)-STR)+SHIELDACCHECK)|TYPE=NotRanged

      Here's what does not work:
      1- Bonus Damage does not apply to unarmed
      2- Bonus Damage should not apply to Dagger (Thrown), but it does
      3- Bonus Damage does not apply to specific finesseable weapons, like
      Sunblade or Dagger of Venom.

      There seems to be a shortcut coded in the finesse type definition, because
      none of this happens when using
      the BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT.Finesseable. It is tied to the WIELDCATEGORY:Light
      definition in the
      \system\gameModes\35e\miscinfo.lst where you find FINESSABLE:Yes. Removing
      the FINESABLE tag
      or correcting the typo (FINESSEABLE) will break the BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT tag.

      The same was happening with the old syntax
      BONUS:DAMAGE|TYPE.Finesseable. I also tried
      BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGE.Finesseable,DAMAGE.NotRanged|(((STRMAXDEX)-STR)+SHIELDACCHECK)
      and still get the same results.

      Thanks for helping me out,

      Simon
    • tremblsic
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2004
        Hi Tracker Monkey(s),

        I opened a Tracker # 928673 for this issue. Unfortunately, I'm not a java
        programmer so I don't think I could figure it out myself, but I'd be happy
        to explain the issue more in details to whomever is assigned to this.

        Thanks

        Simon