missing monsters from the 3.5 monster manual.

  • mairy25
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 29, 2004
      I'm trying to create a monster from the 3.5 monster manual and it's
      not in pcgen. It's the githzerai and the githyanki. A game I'm in is
      allowing unsual monster for pc's and I wanted to play a githzerai but
      it wasn't there. Does anyone know how to create them using pcgen?:

      James
    • Kevin Brown
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 29, 2004
        mairy25 wrote:

        > I'm trying to create a monster from the 3.5 monster manual and it's
        > not in pcgen. It's the githzerai and the githyanki. A game I'm in is
        > allowing unsual monster for pc's and I wanted to play a githzerai but
        > it wasn't there. Does anyone know how to create them using pcgen?:

        IIRC those aren't Open Gaming Content and so, by default, are not included with
        PCGen. You can code them up yourselves (look at the monster lst files and the
        docs for this) or get the files from codemonkeypublishing.com who have the
        permission of WotC to create files with non-OGC material.
      • Paul W. King
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 29, 2004
          >> I'm trying to create a monster from the 3.5 monster manual and
          >> it's not in pcgen. It's the githzerai and the githyanki. A game
          >> I'm in is allowing unsual monster for pc's and I wanted to play a
          >> githzerai but it wasn't there. Does anyone know how to create
          >> them using pcgen?:
          >
          > IIRC those aren't Open Gaming Content and so, by default, are not
          > included with PCGen. You can code them up yourselves (look at the
          > monster lst files and the docs for this) or get the files from
          > codemonkeypublishing.com who have the permission of WotC to create
          > files with non-OGC material.

          That's correct. The gith, illithid, beholders and blink dogs (among
          others) aren't OGC. Because of this, PCGen can't distribute them.
          CMP is a licensee of WotC, and, as such, is allowed to distribute,
          for a cost, this material.

          Paul W. King
        • Sean Riley
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 29, 2004
            What is the full list of creatures?

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 29, 2004
              > What is the full list of creatures?

              The full list that's not OGC? I really don't know. I, personally,
              haven't gone through the RSRD ( http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?
              x=d20/article/srd35 ) to find out what's not been included.

              Paul W. King