pcgen don't work??

  • yekilli
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 25, 2004
      hello my name is eric and i am a french roleplayer, i have dowload
      pcgen 560 and pcgenr563c, but when i launch pc gen .dat it's don't
      work?? i just have a dos window's???

      could you help me
    • Vincent Rosetta
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 29, 2004
        You need to download java i think.
        Try that. There are some HTML documents in the pcgen folder that might also help.

        hello my name is eric and i am a french roleplayer, i have dowload
        pcgen 560 and pcgenr563c, but when i launch pc gen .dat it's don't
        work?? i just have a dos window's???

        could you help me

        PCGen's FAQ:

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Darion Shadowkeeper
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 29, 2004
          Under all versions of Windows you require the Java Runtime Environment to
          make use of Java programs, if on running the bat file to load the program
          you get a report of Java being an unrecognised application, you'll need to
          head to the Sun microsystems website and get the version you need, which is
          always an exhilarating experience.

          http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html -
          15c7d66d.jpg
          J2SE v1.4.2_04 being the latest stable version at this time (1.5 is out but
          we're still being told of some interesting bugs on the sun developer
          forums). Unless you're intending to develop your own applications using
          Java, you should only need the JRE download, it's about half way down the page.

          -- Allan