Re: [pcgen] [TRACKERED] FREQ: ALIAS tag

  • Eddy
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 3, 2004
      I concur, this is an excellent idea. I've created tracker 909135 (ALIAS tag
      for an object to be accessed by more then one name) at Project: PCGen:DM:Tag
      Addition Requests.

      -Eddy, Doc Chimp

      on 3/3/04 10:31 AM, raxx_the_grey at rax_the_grey@... wrote:

      Well now that it's been seconded...

      The ALIAS: tag would add one or more names to an object and allow it
      to be accessed with any of the name attached to it. These names may
      be names of other objects or not. These extra names should not
      normally be visible to the user unless an object already exists for
      that name. An option to make them visible would be nice.

      Syntax Examples:

      Sword, Big[tab]ALIAS:No-Dachi,Claymore,Greatsword,Zweihander[tab]etc.
      Glyph of Warding, Greater.MOD[tab]ALIAS:Greater Glyph of Warding

      Given these examples, if a source adds the spell Greater Glyph of
      Warding to the spell list of MyClass Glyph of Warding, Greater will
      show in the spell tab. Likewise, if a feat gives a +2 to hit for
      Sword, Big a character holding a Greatsword will also get the bonus.

      Rax the Grey