Re: [BUG 5.6] Rapid Reload not working

  • jackalnz01
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 1 11:28 AM
      Clean install of 5.6 into new directory (35e, RSRD only), newly
      created LN human Ftr 1.

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@v...>
      wrote:
      > > This feat hasn't been working for a while. Although you can select
      > > it and choose the type of crossbow it applies to, it never appears
      > > in the list of selected feats, and the number of feats available
      > > isn't reduced.
      >
      > I just created (35e, RSRD only, 5.6) a NG human Ftr 1 and chose
      this
      > feat. It showed up in my list in PCGen and on the character
      sheet.
      > It also reduced my number of feats available by one.
      >
      > What source did you have loaded? What game mode are you in?
      >
      > Paul W. King
      > OGL SB, PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, TM Lemur, BoD
    • jackalnz01
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 1 3:08 PM
        If you change the CHOOSE tag in the rsrd_feats.lst file to look like:

        CHOOSE:Crossbow (Hand)|Crossbow (Light)|Crossbow (Heavy)

        it works as expected.

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "jackalnz01" <davidrowe@p...> wrote:
        > No, that's not it. Removed the '1' and still didn't work. I removed
        > the MULT:YES from the feat and could at least select the feat and
        > have it display, but no associated weapon displayed with the feat.
        >

        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@v...> wrote:
        > > Looks to me like a badly formed CHOOSE is choking the program.
        (I
        > don't
        > > think the "1" needs to be in the middle there...
        > >
        > > Barak
        > > ~PCGen BoD
        > > ~OS Silverback

      • Paul W. King
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 2 3:29 AM
          I can not recreate this problem. I did the same thing you did. I even
          tried picking Rapid Reload as the bonus fighter feat and as the standard
          starting feat. It worked properly in both scenarios.

          Paul W. King

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 2 4:16 AM
            Note that that's a work-around, not a fix. You couldn't use Rapid
            Reload with any non-RSRD crossbows with that coding. And there are some...

            > If you change the CHOOSE tag in the rsrd_feats.lst file to look like:
            >
            > CHOOSE:Crossbow (Hand)|Crossbow (Light)|Crossbow (Heavy)
            >
            > it works as expected.

          • jackalnz01
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 2 10:41 AM
              Can you send me your options.ini and pcg file for the character you
              tested. I'd like to do some comparisons.

              wrote:
              > I can not recreate this problem. I did the same thing you did. I
              even
              > tried picking Rapid Reload as the bonus fighter feat and as the
              standard
              > starting feat. It worked properly in both scenarios.
              >
              > Paul W. King
              > OGL SB, PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, TM Lemur, BoD

            • tremblsic
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 2 8:18 PM
                You could use

                CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFS|TYPE.Crossbow

                This even allows you to waste a feat by taking Rapid Reload with a
                repeating crossbow :-)

                Simon