Re: [BUG 5.6] Rapid Reload not working

  • jackalnz01
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
      Clean install of 5.6 into new directory (35e, RSRD only), newly
      created LN human Ftr 1.

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@v...>
      wrote:
      > > This feat hasn't been working for a while. Although you can select
      > > it and choose the type of crossbow it applies to, it never appears
      > > in the list of selected feats, and the number of feats available
      > > isn't reduced.
      >
      > I just created (35e, RSRD only, 5.6) a NG human Ftr 1 and chose
      this
      > feat. It showed up in my list in PCGen and on the character
      sheet.
      > It also reduced my number of feats available by one.
      >
      > What source did you have loaded? What game mode are you in?
      >
      > Paul W. King
      > OGL SB, PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, TM Lemur, BoD
    • jackalnz01
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
        No, that's not it. Removed the '1' and still didn't work. I removed
        the MULT:YES from the feat and could at least select the feat and
        have it display, but no associated weapon displayed with the feat.

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
          If you change the CHOOSE tag in the rsrd_feats.lst file to look like:

          CHOOSE:Crossbow (Hand)|Crossbow (Light)|Crossbow (Heavy)

          it works as expected.

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "jackalnz01" <davidrowe@p...> wrote:
          > No, that's not it. Removed the '1' and still didn't work. I removed
          > the MULT:YES from the feat and could at least select the feat and
          > have it display, but no associated weapon displayed with the feat.
          >

          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@v...> wrote:
          > > Looks to me like a badly formed CHOOSE is choking the program.
          (I
          > don't
          > > think the "1" needs to be in the middle there...
          > >
          > > Barak
          > > ~PCGen BoD
          > > ~OS Silverback

        • Paul W. King
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 2, 2004
            I can not recreate this problem. I did the same thing you did. I even
            tried picking Rapid Reload as the bonus fighter feat and as the standard
            starting feat. It worked properly in both scenarios.

            Paul W. King

            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 2, 2004
              Note that that's a work-around, not a fix. You couldn't use Rapid
              Reload with any non-RSRD crossbows with that coding. And there are some...

              > If you change the CHOOSE tag in the rsrd_feats.lst file to look like:
              >
              > CHOOSE:Crossbow (Hand)|Crossbow (Light)|Crossbow (Heavy)
              >
              > it works as expected.

            • jackalnz01
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 2, 2004
                Can you send me your options.ini and pcg file for the character you
                tested. I'd like to do some comparisons.

                wrote:
                > I can not recreate this problem. I did the same thing you did. I
                even
                > tried picking Rapid Reload as the bonus fighter feat and as the
                standard
                > starting feat. It worked properly in both scenarios.
                >
                > Paul W. King
                > OGL SB, PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, TM Lemur, BoD

              • tremblsic
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 2, 2004
                  You could use

                  CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFS|TYPE.Crossbow

                  This even allows you to waste a feat by taking Rapid Reload with a
                  repeating crossbow :-)

                  Simon