[BUG 5.6.0] Psionic Data Errors & List Editor Bugs

  • krevinek
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2004
      Bug 1: PsionicBonusPoints feat does not work properly with any class that attempts to use
      it, including the Psion class. At level 1, a Psion/Savant with 16 CON should have a bonus
      PP, but it refuses to show up on the final sheets. This seems to have been working fine in
      5.5.4

      Bug 2: DEFINE and SA tags set in the List editor for Classes are not saved properly when
      loaded from customClasses.lst and then edited. Lines like:

      1 DEFINE:TeekFreePowers|CL=Teek+2
      1 SA:Talents (% free / day)|TeekFreePowers

      get mangled to become:

      -9 DEFINE:1|TeekFreePowers|CL=Teek+2
      SA:Talents (% free / day)|TeekFreePowers

      This mangling prevents classes created entirely with the List Editor from creating proper
      characters and printable sheets, and commonly locks up PCGen instead when attempting a
      Print Preview.
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2004

        > Bug 2: DEFINE and SA tags set in the List editor for Classes are not saved
        properly when
        > loaded from customClasses.lst and then edited. Lines like:
        >
        > 1 DEFINE:TeekFreePowers|CL=Teek+2
        > 1 SA:Talents (% free / day)|TeekFreePowers
        >
        > get mangled to become:
        >
        > -9 DEFINE:1|TeekFreePowers|CL=Teek+2
        > SA:Talents (% free / day)|TeekFreePowers
        >
        > This mangling prevents classes created entirely with the List Editor from
        creating proper
        > characters and printable sheets, and commonly locks up PCGen instead when
        attempting a
        > Print Preview.

        PCGen Bug #909719 Class editor mangles DEFINE and SA tags for levels
        created for this second problem.

        James Dempsey
        JDempsey@...
        PCGEN Code Monkey
      • krevinek
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 4, 2004
          Good to hear... an addendum to this is that even the code that loads the customClasses.lst
          will strip levels from SA tags when you load your sources. While this hasn't become a
          problem yet (since I am testing some simple stuff to later package into a source module
          for our campaign group), I can see it becoming a problem quickly where you have classes
          which gain SAs at later levels (like a Paladin).