Re: [BUG 5.6] Rapid Reload not working

  • jackalnz01
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
      Clean install of 5.6 into new directory (35e, RSRD only), newly
      created LN human Ftr 1.

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@v...>
      wrote:
      > > This feat hasn't been working for a while. Although you can select
      > > it and choose the type of crossbow it applies to, it never appears
      > > in the list of selected feats, and the number of feats available
      > > isn't reduced.
      >
      > I just created (35e, RSRD only, 5.6) a NG human Ftr 1 and chose
      this
      > feat. It showed up in my list in PCGen and on the character
      sheet.
      > It also reduced my number of feats available by one.
      >
      > What source did you have loaded? What game mode are you in?
      >
      > Paul W. King
      > OGL SB, PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, TM Lemur, BoD
    • jackalnz01
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
        Yep. But it's something that's been happening for several releases
        now. And the others in my group also have the same problem.

        wrote:
        > Now that's odd.
        >
        > > Clean install of 5.6 into a new directory, 35e, RSRD only. I
        > > created a LN human Ftr1.
        > >
        > >> I just created (35e, RSRD only, 5.6) a NG human Ftr 1 and chose
        > >> this feat. It showed up in my list in PCGen and on the character
        > >> sheet. It also reduced my number of feats available by one.
        >
        > Paul W. King
        > OGL SB, PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, TM Lemur, BoD
      • Barak
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
          Looks to me like a badly formed CHOOSE is choking the program. (I don't
          think the "1" needs to be in the middle there...

          Barak
          ~PCGen BoD
          ~OS Silverback

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
            No, that's not it. Removed the '1' and still didn't work. I removed
            the MULT:YES from the feat and could at least select the feat and
            have it display, but no associated weapon displayed with the feat.

            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
              If you change the CHOOSE tag in the rsrd_feats.lst file to look like:

              CHOOSE:Crossbow (Hand)|Crossbow (Light)|Crossbow (Heavy)

              it works as expected.

              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "jackalnz01" <davidrowe@p...> wrote:
              > No, that's not it. Removed the '1' and still didn't work. I removed
              > the MULT:YES from the feat and could at least select the feat and
              > have it display, but no associated weapon displayed with the feat.
              >

              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@v...> wrote:
              > > Looks to me like a badly formed CHOOSE is choking the program.
              (I
              > don't
              > > think the "1" needs to be in the middle there...
              > >
              > > Barak
              > > ~PCGen BoD
              > > ~OS Silverback

            • Paul W. King
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 2, 2004
                I can not recreate this problem. I did the same thing you did. I even
                tried picking Rapid Reload as the bonus fighter feat and as the standard
                starting feat. It worked properly in both scenarios.

                Paul W. King

                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 2, 2004
                  Note that that's a work-around, not a fix. You couldn't use Rapid
                  Reload with any non-RSRD crossbows with that coding. And there are some...

                  > If you change the CHOOSE tag in the rsrd_feats.lst file to look like:
                  >
                  > CHOOSE:Crossbow (Hand)|Crossbow (Light)|Crossbow (Heavy)
                  >
                  > it works as expected.

                • jackalnz01
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 2, 2004
                    Can you send me your options.ini and pcg file for the character you
                    tested. I'd like to do some comparisons.

                    wrote:
                    > I can not recreate this problem. I did the same thing you did. I
                    even
                    > tried picking Rapid Reload as the bonus fighter feat and as the
                    standard
                    > starting feat. It worked properly in both scenarios.
                    >
                    > Paul W. King
                    > OGL SB, PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, TM Lemur, BoD

                  • tremblsic
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 2, 2004
                      You could use

                      CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFS|TYPE.Crossbow

                      This even allows you to waste a feat by taking Rapid Reload with a
                      repeating crossbow :-)

                      Simon