Re: More Hitpoints

  • ullrich_kordt
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "taluroniscandar" <mhgj@e...> wrote:
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ullrich_kordt" <ullrich.kordt@w...>
      wrote:
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > my DM gave me a magical ring with the ability to raise my hit
      points
      > > by 20 (Ring HP +20). I would like to create a magical item in
      PCGEN
      > > with this abilitys.
      > >
      > > I custemized a ring with masterwork and magic, but i am not able
      > > create the "HP +20"-effect.
      > >
      > > Any ideas?
      >
      > The tag you need is BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|20.
      >
      > I'm not sure that is available in the equipment customiser.
      >
      > You may have to hard-code the item.

      I will hard-code, but how? Do I have to edit one of the .lst-files in
      the data folder?

      thanks for replying!!!
    • jackalnz01
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
        Create a ring and make sure it's saved to the custom lst file (check
        the box in the settings|preferences|equipment menu list). Then edit
        that file and find the ring entry. Add the BONUS information at the
        end of the line.

        wrote:
        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "taluroniscandar" <mhgj@e...> wrote:
        > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ullrich_kordt"
        <ullrich.kordt@w...>
        > wrote:
        > > > Hi,
        > > >
        > > > my DM gave me a magical ring with the ability to raise my hit
        > points
        > > > by 20 (Ring HP +20). I would like to create a magical item in
        > PCGEN
        > > > with this abilitys.
        > > >
        > > > I custemized a ring with masterwork and magic, but i am not
        able
        > > > create the "HP +20"-effect.
        > > >
        > > > Any ideas?
        > >
        > > The tag you need is BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|20.
        > >
        > > I'm not sure that is available in the equipment customiser.
        > >
        > > You may have to hard-code the item.
        >
        > I will hard-code, but how? Do I have to edit one of the .lst-files
        in
        > the data folder?
        >
        > thanks for replying!!!
      • ullrich_kordt
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 3, 2004
          OK. But it doesn´t work. I open the files with the windows editor.
          But it seems that there are some controll signs, which i am not abel
          to understand, reproduce etc.

          Hex-Editor? Better Ideas?

          linkshander

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "jackalnz01" <davidrowe@p...> wrote:
          > Create a ring and make sure it's saved to the custom lst file
          (check
          > the box in the settings|preferences|equipment menu list). Then edit
          > that file and find the ring entry. Add the BONUS information at the
          > end of the line.
          >
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ullrich_kordt" <ullrich.kordt@w...>
          > wrote:
          > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "taluroniscandar" <mhgj@e...> wrote:
          > > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ullrich_kordt"
          > <ullrich.kordt@w...>

          > > points
          > > PCGEN

          > able

          > > > The tag you need is BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|20.
          > > >
          > > > I'm not sure that is available in the equipment customiser.
          > > >
          > > > You may have to hard-code the item.
          > >
          > > I will hard-code, but how? Do I have to edit one of the .lst-
          files
          > in
          > > the data folder?
          > >
          > > thanks for replying!!!
        • Kevin Brown
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 3, 2004
            ullrich_kordt wrote:
            > OK. But it doesn´t work. I open the files with the windows editor.
            > But it seems that there are some controll signs, which i am not abel
            > to understand, reproduce etc.
            >
            > Hex-Editor? Better Ideas?

            What control signs? the only things the files use are tabs and | to delimit the
            various data. | can be found by doing Shift + \ on most US keyboards.
          • ullrich_kordt
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 3, 2004
              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Brown" <kevin_brown@q...> wrote:
              > ullrich_kordt wrote:
              > > OK. But it doesn´t work. I open the files with the windows
              editor.
              > > But it seems that there are some controll signs, which i am not
              abel
              > > to understand, reproduce etc.
              > >
              > > Hex-Editor? Better Ideas?
              >
              > What control signs? the only things the files use are tabs and |
              to delimit the
              > various data. | can be found by doing Shift + \ on most US
              keyboards.

              Nevertheless, doings this does not increment my HP. What´s wrong? I
              have this ring equippet to my fingers. So the Bonus should work. But
              it doesnt. Any suggestigons?

              Thanks for replyig.

              linkshander
            • taluroniscandar
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 4, 2004
                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ullrich_kordt" <ullrich.kordt@w...> wrote:
                > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Brown" <kevin_brown@q...> wrote:
                > > ullrich_kordt wrote:
                > > > OK. But it doesn´t work. I open the files with the windows
                > editor.
                > > > But it seems that there are some controll signs, which i am not
                > abel
                > > > to understand, reproduce etc.
                > > >
                > > > Hex-Editor? Better Ideas?
                > >
                > > What control signs? the only things the files use are tabs and |
                > to delimit the
                > > various data. | can be found by doing Shift + \ on most US
                > keyboards.
                >
                > Nevertheless, doings this does not increment my HP. What´s wrong? I
                > have this ring equippet to my fingers. So the Bonus should work. But
                > it doesnt. Any suggestigons?
                >
                > Thanks for replyig.

                Could you post the text of the ring here?

                > linkshander
              • ullrich_kordt
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 4, 2004
                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "taluroniscandar" <mhgj@e...> wrote:
                  > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ullrich_kordt" <ullrich.kordt@w...>
                  wrote:
                  > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Brown" <kevin_brown@q...>
                  wrote:
                  > > editor.
                  > > abel

                  > > > What control signs? the only things the files use are tabs and
                  |
                  > > to delimit the
                  > > > various data. | can be found by doing Shift + \ on most US
                  > > keyboards.
                  > >
                  > > Nevertheless, doings this does not increment my HP. What´s wrong?
                  > > have this ring equippet to my fingers. So the Bonus should work.
                  But
                  > > it doesnt. Any suggestigons?
                  > >
                  > > Thanks for replyig.

                  > > linkshander
                  >
                  > Could you post the text of the ring here?

                  Here you are... !

                  Create a ring and make sure it's saved to the custom lst file
                  (check
                  > the box in the settings|preferences|equipment menu list). Then edit
                  > that file and find the ring entry. Add the BONUS information at the
                  > end of the line.
                  >
                  > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ullrich_kordt" <ullrich.kordt@w...>
                  > wrote:
                  > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "taluroniscandar" <mhgj@e...> wrote:
                  > > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ullrich_kordt"
                  > <ullrich.kordt@w...>

                  > > points
                  > > PCGEN

                  > able

                  > > > The tag you need is BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|20.
                  > > >
                  > > > I'm not sure that is available in the equipment customiser.
                  > > >
                  > > > You may have to hard-code the item.
                  > >
                  > > I will hard-code, but how? Do I have to edit one of the .lst-
                  files
                  > in
                  > > the data folder?
                  > >
                  > > thanks for replying!!!
                • taluroniscandar
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 4, 2004

                    > > Could you post the text of the ring here?
                    > >

                    > Here you are... !

                    I meant cut from the lst file and paste the text that the ring shows
                    in that file.
                  • ullrich_kordt
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 6, 2004
                      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "taluroniscandar" <mhgj@e...> wrote:

                      > > > Could you post the text of the ring here?
                      > > >

                      > > Here you are... !
                      >
                      > I meant cut from the lst file and paste the text that the ring shows
                      > in that file.

                      Sorry! Before I edit the file it looks like That:
                      BASEITEM:Ale (Mug) NAME:Donnergurgler
                      BASEITEM:Ring NAME:Ring (MAGIC) EQMOD:ADDTYPE|MAGIC
                      BASEITEM:Ring NAME:Ring (MASTERWORK, MAGIC)
                      BASEITEM:Ring NAME:Ring of False Life EQMOD:ADDTYPE|MAGIC SPROP:
                      (Ring (MAGIC))

                      Then I ad the Tack:
                      BASEITEM:Ale (Mug) NAME:Donnergurgler
                      BASEITEM:Ring NAME:Ring (MAGIC) EQMOD:ADDTYPE|MAGIC
                      BASEITEM:Ring NAME:Ring (MASTERWORK, MAGIC)
                      BASEITEM:Ring NAME:Ring of False Life EQMOD:ADDTYPE|MAGIC SPROP:
                      (Ring (MAGIC)) BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|20

                      Now I start PCGen again. I find no difference in the equip-list. I
                      equip the Ring, no change of HP. I close PCGEN. An when i look at the
                      file again, the bonus tack has disapeared, and it looks like before
                      the change.

                      any ideas?

                      thanks for posting

                      ullrich
                    • taluroniscandar
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 6, 2004
                        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ullrich_kordt" <ullrich.kordt@w...> wrote:

                        > > > Here you are... !
                        > >
                        > > I meant cut from the lst file and paste the text that the ring shows
                        > > in that file.
                        >
                        > Sorry! Before I edit the file it looks like That:
                        > BASEITEM:Ale (Mug) NAME:Donnergurgler
                        > BASEITEM:Ring NAME:Ring (MAGIC) EQMOD:ADDTYPE|MAGIC
                        > BASEITEM:Ring NAME:Ring (MASTERWORK, MAGIC)
                        > BASEITEM:Ring NAME:Ring of False Life EQMOD:ADDTYPE|MAGIC SPROP:
                        > (Ring (MAGIC))
                        >
                        > Then I ad the Tack:
                        > BASEITEM:Ale (Mug) NAME:Donnergurgler
                        > BASEITEM:Ring NAME:Ring (MAGIC) EQMOD:ADDTYPE|MAGIC
                        > BASEITEM:Ring NAME:Ring (MASTERWORK, MAGIC)
                        > BASEITEM:Ring NAME:Ring of False Life EQMOD:ADDTYPE|MAGIC SPROP:
                        > (Ring (MAGIC)) BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|20
                        >
                        > Now I start PCGen again. I find no difference in the equip-list. I
                        > equip the Ring, no change of HP. I close PCGEN. An when i look at the
                        > file again, the bonus tack has disapeared, and it looks like before
                        > the change.
                        >
                        > any ideas?
                        >
                        > thanks for posting

                        Hm, the coding is correct. Are you putting this into
                        customEquipment.lst? If so that may be the problem. Try creating a
                        separate lst file and loadin it from there. See the docs on how to
                        create a .pcc file to load it from.
                      • Hugh Foster
                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 9, 2004
                          > An when i look at the
                          > file again, the bonus tack has disapeared, and it looks like before
                          > the change.

                          This last sounds like what happened to me when I was working in
                          CUSTOMDATA files. Are you, or are you using user campaign files?

                          --

                          Hugh Foster
                          hugh@...

                          09/03/2004 11:07:25 AM