Re: [BUG 5.6] Rapid Reload not working

  • jackalnz01
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
      Clean install of 5.6 into new directory (35e, RSRD only), newly
      created LN human Ftr 1.

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@v...>
      wrote:
      > > This feat hasn't been working for a while. Although you can select
      > > it and choose the type of crossbow it applies to, it never appears
      > > in the list of selected feats, and the number of feats available
      > > isn't reduced.
      >
      > I just created (35e, RSRD only, 5.6) a NG human Ftr 1 and chose
      this
      > feat. It showed up in my list in PCGen and on the character
      sheet.
      > It also reduced my number of feats available by one.
      >
      > What source did you have loaded? What game mode are you in?
      >
      > Paul W. King
      > OGL SB, PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, TM Lemur, BoD
    • jackalnz01
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
        Clean install of 5.6 into a new directory, 35e, RSRD only. I created
        a LN human Ftr1.

        wrote:
        > > This feat hasn't been working for a while. Although you can select
        > > it and choose the type of crossbow it applies to, it never appears
        > > in the list of selected feats, and the number of feats available
        > > isn't reduced.
        >
        > I just created (35e, RSRD only, 5.6) a NG human Ftr 1 and chose
        this
        > feat. It showed up in my list in PCGen and on the character
        sheet.
        > It also reduced my number of feats available by one.
        >
        > What source did you have loaded? What game mode are you in?
        >
        > Paul W. King
        > OGL SB, PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, TM Lemur, BoD
      • Paul W. King
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
          Now that's odd.

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
            Yep. But it's something that's been happening for several releases
            now. And the others in my group also have the same problem.

            wrote:
            > Now that's odd.
            >
            > > Clean install of 5.6 into a new directory, 35e, RSRD only. I
            > > created a LN human Ftr1.
            > >
            > >> I just created (35e, RSRD only, 5.6) a NG human Ftr 1 and chose
            > >> this feat. It showed up in my list in PCGen and on the character
            > >> sheet. It also reduced my number of feats available by one.
            >
            > Paul W. King
            > OGL SB, PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, TM Lemur, BoD
          • Barak
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
              Looks to me like a badly formed CHOOSE is choking the program. (I don't
              think the "1" needs to be in the middle there...

              Barak
              ~PCGen BoD
              ~OS Silverback

              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
                No, that's not it. Removed the '1' and still didn't work. I removed
                the MULT:YES from the feat and could at least select the feat and
                have it display, but no associated weapon displayed with the feat.

                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
                  If you change the CHOOSE tag in the rsrd_feats.lst file to look like:

                  CHOOSE:Crossbow (Hand)|Crossbow (Light)|Crossbow (Heavy)

                  it works as expected.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 2, 2004
                    I can not recreate this problem. I did the same thing you did. I even
                    tried picking Rapid Reload as the bonus fighter feat and as the standard
                    starting feat. It worked properly in both scenarios.

                    Paul W. King

                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 2, 2004
                      Note that that's a work-around, not a fix. You couldn't use Rapid
                      Reload with any non-RSRD crossbows with that coding. And there are some...

                      > If you change the CHOOSE tag in the rsrd_feats.lst file to look like:
                      >
                      > CHOOSE:Crossbow (Hand)|Crossbow (Light)|Crossbow (Heavy)
                      >
                      > it works as expected.

                    • jackalnz01
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 2, 2004
                        Can you send me your options.ini and pcg file for the character you
                        tested. I'd like to do some comparisons.

                        wrote:
                        > I can not recreate this problem. I did the same thing you did. I
                        even
                        > tried picking Rapid Reload as the bonus fighter feat and as the
                        standard
                        > starting feat. It worked properly in both scenarios.
                        >
                        > Paul W. King
                        > OGL SB, PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, TM Lemur, BoD

                      • tremblsic
                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 2, 2004
                          You could use

                          CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFS|TYPE.Crossbow

                          This even allows you to waste a feat by taking Rapid Reload with a
                          repeating crossbow :-)

                          Simon