Re: [BUG 5.6] Rapid Reload not working

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
      > This feat hasn't been working for a while. Although you can select
      > it and choose the type of crossbow it applies to, it never appears
      > in the list of selected feats, and the number of feats available
      > isn't reduced.

      I just created (35e, RSRD only, 5.6) a NG human Ftr 1 and chose this
      feat. It showed up in my list in PCGen and on the character sheet.
      It also reduced my number of feats available by one.

      What source did you have loaded? What game mode are you in?

      Paul W. King
    • jackalnz01
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
        Clean install of 5.6 into new directory (35e, RSRD only), newly
        created LN human Ftr 1.

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@v...>
        wrote:
        > > This feat hasn't been working for a while. Although you can select
        > > it and choose the type of crossbow it applies to, it never appears
        > > in the list of selected feats, and the number of feats available
        > > isn't reduced.
        >
        > I just created (35e, RSRD only, 5.6) a NG human Ftr 1 and chose
        this
        > feat. It showed up in my list in PCGen and on the character
        sheet.
        > It also reduced my number of feats available by one.
        >
        > What source did you have loaded? What game mode are you in?
        >
        > Paul W. King
        > OGL SB, PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, TM Lemur, BoD
      • jackalnz01
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
          Clean install of 5.6 into a new directory, 35e, RSRD only. I created
          a LN human Ftr1.

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
            Now that's odd.

            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
              Yep. But it's something that's been happening for several releases
              now. And the others in my group also have the same problem.

              wrote:
              > Now that's odd.
              >
              > > Clean install of 5.6 into a new directory, 35e, RSRD only. I
              > > created a LN human Ftr1.
              > >
              > >> I just created (35e, RSRD only, 5.6) a NG human Ftr 1 and chose
              > >> this feat. It showed up in my list in PCGen and on the character
              > >> sheet. It also reduced my number of feats available by one.
              >
              > Paul W. King
              > OGL SB, PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, TM Lemur, BoD
            • Barak
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
                Looks to me like a badly formed CHOOSE is choking the program. (I don't
                think the "1" needs to be in the middle there...

                Barak
                ~PCGen BoD
                ~OS Silverback

                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
                  No, that's not it. Removed the '1' and still didn't work. I removed
                  the MULT:YES from the feat and could at least select the feat and
                  have it display, but no associated weapon displayed with the feat.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
                    If you change the CHOOSE tag in the rsrd_feats.lst file to look like:

                    CHOOSE:Crossbow (Hand)|Crossbow (Light)|Crossbow (Heavy)

                    it works as expected.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 2, 2004
                      I can not recreate this problem. I did the same thing you did. I even
                      tried picking Rapid Reload as the bonus fighter feat and as the standard
                      starting feat. It worked properly in both scenarios.

                      Paul W. King

                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 2, 2004
                        Note that that's a work-around, not a fix. You couldn't use Rapid
                        Reload with any non-RSRD crossbows with that coding. And there are some...

                        > If you change the CHOOSE tag in the rsrd_feats.lst file to look like:
                        >
                        > CHOOSE:Crossbow (Hand)|Crossbow (Light)|Crossbow (Heavy)
                        >
                        > it works as expected.

                      • jackalnz01
                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 2, 2004
                          Can you send me your options.ini and pcg file for the character you
                          tested. I'd like to do some comparisons.

                          wrote:
                          > I can not recreate this problem. I did the same thing you did. I
                          even
                          > tried picking Rapid Reload as the bonus fighter feat and as the
                          standard
                          > starting feat. It worked properly in both scenarios.
                          >
                          > Paul W. King
                          > OGL SB, PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, TM Lemur, BoD

                        • tremblsic
                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 2, 2004
                            You could use

                            CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFS|TYPE.Crossbow

                            This even allows you to waste a feat by taking Rapid Reload with a
                            repeating crossbow :-)

                            Simon