[BUG 5.6] Rapid Reload not working

  • jackalnz01
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
      This feat hasn't been working for a while. Although you can select it
      and choose the type of crossbow it applies to, it never appears in
      the list of selected feats, and the number of feats available isn't
      reduced.
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
        > This feat hasn't been working for a while. Although you can select
        > it and choose the type of crossbow it applies to, it never appears
        > in the list of selected feats, and the number of feats available
        > isn't reduced.

        I just created (35e, RSRD only, 5.6) a NG human Ftr 1 and chose this
        feat. It showed up in my list in PCGen and on the character sheet.
        It also reduced my number of feats available by one.

        What source did you have loaded? What game mode are you in?

        Paul W. King
      • jackalnz01
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
          Clean install of 5.6 into new directory (35e, RSRD only), newly
          created LN human Ftr 1.

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@v...>
          wrote:
          > > This feat hasn't been working for a while. Although you can select
          > > it and choose the type of crossbow it applies to, it never appears
          > > in the list of selected feats, and the number of feats available
          > > isn't reduced.
          >
          > I just created (35e, RSRD only, 5.6) a NG human Ftr 1 and chose
          this
          > feat. It showed up in my list in PCGen and on the character
          sheet.
          > It also reduced my number of feats available by one.
          >
          > What source did you have loaded? What game mode are you in?
          >
          > Paul W. King
          > OGL SB, PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, TM Lemur, BoD
        • jackalnz01
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
            Clean install of 5.6 into a new directory, 35e, RSRD only. I created
            a LN human Ftr1.

            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
              Now that's odd.

              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
                Yep. But it's something that's been happening for several releases
                now. And the others in my group also have the same problem.

                wrote:
                > Now that's odd.
                >
                > > Clean install of 5.6 into a new directory, 35e, RSRD only. I
                > > created a LN human Ftr1.
                > >
                > >> I just created (35e, RSRD only, 5.6) a NG human Ftr 1 and chose
                > >> this feat. It showed up in my list in PCGen and on the character
                > >> sheet. It also reduced my number of feats available by one.
                >
                > Paul W. King
                > OGL SB, PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, TM Lemur, BoD
              • Barak
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
                  Looks to me like a badly formed CHOOSE is choking the program. (I don't
                  think the "1" needs to be in the middle there...

                  Barak
                  ~PCGen BoD
                  ~OS Silverback

                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
                    No, that's not it. Removed the '1' and still didn't work. I removed
                    the MULT:YES from the feat and could at least select the feat and
                    have it display, but no associated weapon displayed with the feat.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
                      If you change the CHOOSE tag in the rsrd_feats.lst file to look like:

                      CHOOSE:Crossbow (Hand)|Crossbow (Light)|Crossbow (Heavy)

                      it works as expected.

                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 2, 2004
                        I can not recreate this problem. I did the same thing you did. I even
                        tried picking Rapid Reload as the bonus fighter feat and as the standard
                        starting feat. It worked properly in both scenarios.

                        Paul W. King

                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 2, 2004
                          Note that that's a work-around, not a fix. You couldn't use Rapid
                          Reload with any non-RSRD crossbows with that coding. And there are some...

                          > If you change the CHOOSE tag in the rsrd_feats.lst file to look like:
                          >
                          > CHOOSE:Crossbow (Hand)|Crossbow (Light)|Crossbow (Heavy)
                          >
                          > it works as expected.

                        • jackalnz01
                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 2, 2004
                            Can you send me your options.ini and pcg file for the character you
                            tested. I'd like to do some comparisons.

                            wrote:
                            > I can not recreate this problem. I did the same thing you did. I
                            even
                            > tried picking Rapid Reload as the bonus fighter feat and as the
                            standard
                            > starting feat. It worked properly in both scenarios.
                            >
                            > Paul W. King
                            > OGL SB, PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, TM Lemur, BoD

                          • tremblsic
                            Message 13 of 13 , Mar 2, 2004
                              You could use

                              CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFS|TYPE.Crossbow

                              This even allows you to waste a feat by taking Rapid Reload with a
                              repeating crossbow :-)

                              Simon