Re: [BUG 5.6 RC 3]Exotic Weapon

  • Joshua Randall
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 1, 2004
      >> There is a 3.5 sage advice in a recent Dragon (Feb issue maybe?)
      >> on these weapons also but it apparently hasn't made it to the
      >> FAQ yet. It states that they are two-handed weapons which can
      >> be used one-handed under special circumstances (having the EWP).
      >
      > This info has now been put into the DnD FAQ

      DnD FAQ 2/29/2004 -->
      http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/er/20030221a

      I would like to point out that the Sage's interpretation of the
      weapon sizing rules is highly controversial. See, for example, this
      thread -->
      http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=78892

      FYI.
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 1, 2004
        > This info has now been put into the DnD FAQ

        As far as I know though, the FAQs are not OGC. Therefore, we can't
        make the corrections.

        Paul W. King
      • taluroniscandar
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 1, 2004
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@v...> wrote:
          > > This info has now been put into the DnD FAQ
          >
          > As far as I know though, the FAQs are not OGC. Therefore, we can't
          > make the corrections.

          Bryan stated he was looking for clarification.

          Just pointing it out.
        • Eric Beaudoin
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 1, 2004
            At 13:12 2004.03.01, Paul W. King wrote:
            >> This info has now been put into the DnD FAQ
            >
            >As far as I know though, the FAQs are not OGC. Therefore, we can't
            >make the corrections.

            Well, the FAQ are clarification of rules that are OGC. The clarification apply but we can't cite the text.

            Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin (hiding in the trench)
            >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
            <mailto:beaudoer@...>
          • Matt Haffner
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 1, 2004
              On Mar 1, 2004, at 5:47 PM, Eric Beaudoin wrote:

              > Well, the FAQ are clarification of rules that are OGC. The
              > clarification apply but we can't cite the text.

              That's how I'd treat them too. There are a few questions that are
              answered with new rules suggestions and for those you'd need to go get
              permission, etc. But for understanding the rules themselves, the FAQ
              should be able to be used and even cited--just not necessarily quoted.

              mh - ZansForCans
              --
              Group Editing & Authoring Support
              flexible campaign management for the web