[pcgen] [BUG 5.6] Wands have variable gp values

  • TORREY JONES
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2004
      PCGen 5.6.0 Final. Windows XP. Java 1.4.2_03-b02.
      Problem I'm running into here is that I build a character, doesn't matter what at this point, I've tried it in an elf, a human and a pixie. the character builds fine. ooo... ahhh... pretty...
      Give him a couple low level wands (Burning hands and magic missile) save the character. at this point the GP values for the wands will be correct.
      close character.
      open same character.
      value for the wands will be different.

      I have been using a pixie wizard (no levels of pixie) at first level with the two wands as starting gear.
      I also tried this on a elf fighter/shaper (3/3) with the two wands and a bunch of other stuff as starting gear.
      It also does this on a human sorceror (7) with the two wands and a few other magical weapons.

      as far as I can tell, only the wands are effected, although you might want to check staffs and scrolls as well. I have a feeling that it's got something to do with the way spells are being put into the items.

      Torrey

    • TORREY JONES
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2004
        Forgot to mention that this is in 3.5e. I haven't tried it in 3e.
        Torrey