Re: More Hitpoints

  • taluroniscandar
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ullrich_kordt" <ullrich.kordt@w...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > my DM gave me a magical ring with the ability to raise my hit points
      > by 20 (Ring HP +20). I would like to create a magical item in PCGEN
      > with this abilitys.
      >
      > I custemized a ring with masterwork and magic, but i am not able to
      > create the "HP +20"-effect.
      >
      > Any ideas?

      The tag you need is BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|20.

      I'm not sure that is available in the equipment customiser.

      You may have to hard-code the item.
    • ullrich_kordt
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "taluroniscandar" <mhgj@e...> wrote:
        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ullrich_kordt" <ullrich.kordt@w...>
        wrote:
        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > my DM gave me a magical ring with the ability to raise my hit
        points
        > > by 20 (Ring HP +20). I would like to create a magical item in
        PCGEN
        > > with this abilitys.
        > >
        > > I custemized a ring with masterwork and magic, but i am not able
        > > create the "HP +20"-effect.
        > >
        > > Any ideas?
        >
        > The tag you need is BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|20.
        >
        > I'm not sure that is available in the equipment customiser.
        >
        > You may have to hard-code the item.

        I will hard-code, but how? Do I have to edit one of the .lst-files in
        the data folder?

        thanks for replying!!!
      • jackalnz01
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 1, 2004
          Create a ring and make sure it's saved to the custom lst file (check
          the box in the settings|preferences|equipment menu list). Then edit
          that file and find the ring entry. Add the BONUS information at the
          end of the line.

          wrote:
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "taluroniscandar" <mhgj@e...> wrote:
          > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ullrich_kordt"
          <ullrich.kordt@w...>
          > wrote:
          > > > Hi,
          > > >
          > > > my DM gave me a magical ring with the ability to raise my hit
          > points
          > > > by 20 (Ring HP +20). I would like to create a magical item in
          > PCGEN
          > > > with this abilitys.
          > > >
          > > > I custemized a ring with masterwork and magic, but i am not
          able
          > > > create the "HP +20"-effect.
          > > >
          > > > Any ideas?
          > >
          > > The tag you need is BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|20.
          > >
          > > I'm not sure that is available in the equipment customiser.
          > >
          > > You may have to hard-code the item.
          >
          > I will hard-code, but how? Do I have to edit one of the .lst-files
          in
          > the data folder?
          >
          > thanks for replying!!!
        • ullrich_kordt
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 3, 2004
            OK. But it doesn´t work. I open the files with the windows editor.
            But it seems that there are some controll signs, which i am not abel
            to understand, reproduce etc.

            Hex-Editor? Better Ideas?

            linkshander

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "jackalnz01" <davidrowe@p...> wrote:
            > Create a ring and make sure it's saved to the custom lst file
            (check
            > the box in the settings|preferences|equipment menu list). Then edit
            > that file and find the ring entry. Add the BONUS information at the
            > end of the line.
            >
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ullrich_kordt" <ullrich.kordt@w...>
            > wrote:
            > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "taluroniscandar" <mhgj@e...> wrote:
            > > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ullrich_kordt"
            > <ullrich.kordt@w...>

            > > points
            > > PCGEN

            > able

            > > > The tag you need is BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|20.
            > > >
            > > > I'm not sure that is available in the equipment customiser.
            > > >
            > > > You may have to hard-code the item.
            > >
            > > I will hard-code, but how? Do I have to edit one of the .lst-
            files
            > in
            > > the data folder?
            > >
            > > thanks for replying!!!
          • Kevin Brown
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 3, 2004
              ullrich_kordt wrote:
              > OK. But it doesn´t work. I open the files with the windows editor.
              > But it seems that there are some controll signs, which i am not abel
              > to understand, reproduce etc.
              >
              > Hex-Editor? Better Ideas?

              What control signs? the only things the files use are tabs and | to delimit the
              various data. | can be found by doing Shift + \ on most US keyboards.
            • ullrich_kordt
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 3, 2004
                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Brown" <kevin_brown@q...> wrote:
                > ullrich_kordt wrote:
                > > OK. But it doesn´t work. I open the files with the windows
                editor.
                > > But it seems that there are some controll signs, which i am not
                abel
                > > to understand, reproduce etc.
                > >
                > > Hex-Editor? Better Ideas?
                >
                > What control signs? the only things the files use are tabs and |
                to delimit the
                > various data. | can be found by doing Shift + \ on most US
                keyboards.

                Nevertheless, doings this does not increment my HP. What´s wrong? I
                have this ring equippet to my fingers. So the Bonus should work. But
                it doesnt. Any suggestigons?

                Thanks for replyig.

                linkshander
              • taluroniscandar
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 4, 2004
                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ullrich_kordt" <ullrich.kordt@w...> wrote:
                  > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Brown" <kevin_brown@q...> wrote:
                  > > ullrich_kordt wrote:
                  > > > OK. But it doesn´t work. I open the files with the windows
                  > editor.
                  > > > But it seems that there are some controll signs, which i am not
                  > abel
                  > > > to understand, reproduce etc.
                  > > >
                  > > > Hex-Editor? Better Ideas?
                  > >
                  > > What control signs? the only things the files use are tabs and |
                  > to delimit the
                  > > various data. | can be found by doing Shift + \ on most US
                  > keyboards.
                  >
                  > Nevertheless, doings this does not increment my HP. What´s wrong? I
                  > have this ring equippet to my fingers. So the Bonus should work. But
                  > it doesnt. Any suggestigons?
                  >
                  > Thanks for replyig.

                  Could you post the text of the ring here?

                  > linkshander
                • ullrich_kordt
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 4, 2004
                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "taluroniscandar" <mhgj@e...> wrote:
                    > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ullrich_kordt" <ullrich.kordt@w...>
                    wrote:
                    > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Brown" <kevin_brown@q...>
                    wrote:
                    > > editor.
                    > > abel

                    > > > What control signs? the only things the files use are tabs and
                    |
                    > > to delimit the
                    > > > various data. | can be found by doing Shift + \ on most US
                    > > keyboards.
                    > >
                    > > Nevertheless, doings this does not increment my HP. What´s wrong?
                    > > have this ring equippet to my fingers. So the Bonus should work.
                    But
                    > > it doesnt. Any suggestigons?
                    > >
                    > > Thanks for replyig.

                    > > linkshander
                    >
                    > Could you post the text of the ring here?

                    Here you are... !

                    Create a ring and make sure it's saved to the custom lst file
                    (check
                    > the box in the settings|preferences|equipment menu list). Then edit
                    > that file and find the ring entry. Add the BONUS information at the
                    > end of the line.
                    >
                    > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ullrich_kordt" <ullrich.kordt@w...>
                    > wrote:
                    > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "taluroniscandar" <mhgj@e...> wrote:
                    > > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ullrich_kordt"
                    > <ullrich.kordt@w...>

                    > > points
                    > > PCGEN

                    > able

                    > > > The tag you need is BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|20.
                    > > >
                    > > > I'm not sure that is available in the equipment customiser.
                    > > >
                    > > > You may have to hard-code the item.
                    > >
                    > > I will hard-code, but how? Do I have to edit one of the .lst-
                    files
                    > in
                    > > the data folder?
                    > >
                    > > thanks for replying!!!
                  • taluroniscandar
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 4, 2004

                      > > Could you post the text of the ring here?
                      > >

                      > Here you are... !

                      I meant cut from the lst file and paste the text that the ring shows
                      in that file.
                    • ullrich_kordt
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 6, 2004
                        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "taluroniscandar" <mhgj@e...> wrote:

                        > > > Could you post the text of the ring here?
                        > > >

                        > > Here you are... !
                        >
                        > I meant cut from the lst file and paste the text that the ring shows
                        > in that file.

                        Sorry! Before I edit the file it looks like That:
                        BASEITEM:Ale (Mug) NAME:Donnergurgler
                        BASEITEM:Ring NAME:Ring (MAGIC) EQMOD:ADDTYPE|MAGIC
                        BASEITEM:Ring NAME:Ring (MASTERWORK, MAGIC)
                        BASEITEM:Ring NAME:Ring of False Life EQMOD:ADDTYPE|MAGIC SPROP:
                        (Ring (MAGIC))

                        Then I ad the Tack:
                        BASEITEM:Ale (Mug) NAME:Donnergurgler
                        BASEITEM:Ring NAME:Ring (MAGIC) EQMOD:ADDTYPE|MAGIC
                        BASEITEM:Ring NAME:Ring (MASTERWORK, MAGIC)
                        BASEITEM:Ring NAME:Ring of False Life EQMOD:ADDTYPE|MAGIC SPROP:
                        (Ring (MAGIC)) BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|20

                        Now I start PCGen again. I find no difference in the equip-list. I
                        equip the Ring, no change of HP. I close PCGEN. An when i look at the
                        file again, the bonus tack has disapeared, and it looks like before
                        the change.

                        any ideas?

                        thanks for posting

                        ullrich
                      • taluroniscandar
                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 6, 2004
                          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ullrich_kordt" <ullrich.kordt@w...> wrote:

                          > > > Here you are... !
                          > >
                          > > I meant cut from the lst file and paste the text that the ring shows
                          > > in that file.
                          >
                          > Sorry! Before I edit the file it looks like That:
                          > BASEITEM:Ale (Mug) NAME:Donnergurgler
                          > BASEITEM:Ring NAME:Ring (MAGIC) EQMOD:ADDTYPE|MAGIC
                          > BASEITEM:Ring NAME:Ring (MASTERWORK, MAGIC)
                          > BASEITEM:Ring NAME:Ring of False Life EQMOD:ADDTYPE|MAGIC SPROP:
                          > (Ring (MAGIC))
                          >
                          > Then I ad the Tack:
                          > BASEITEM:Ale (Mug) NAME:Donnergurgler
                          > BASEITEM:Ring NAME:Ring (MAGIC) EQMOD:ADDTYPE|MAGIC
                          > BASEITEM:Ring NAME:Ring (MASTERWORK, MAGIC)
                          > BASEITEM:Ring NAME:Ring of False Life EQMOD:ADDTYPE|MAGIC SPROP:
                          > (Ring (MAGIC)) BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|20
                          >
                          > Now I start PCGen again. I find no difference in the equip-list. I
                          > equip the Ring, no change of HP. I close PCGEN. An when i look at the
                          > file again, the bonus tack has disapeared, and it looks like before
                          > the change.
                          >
                          > any ideas?
                          >
                          > thanks for posting

                          Hm, the coding is correct. Are you putting this into
                          customEquipment.lst? If so that may be the problem. Try creating a
                          separate lst file and loadin it from there. See the docs on how to
                          create a .pcc file to load it from.
                        • Hugh Foster
                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 9, 2004
                            > An when i look at the
                            > file again, the bonus tack has disapeared, and it looks like before
                            > the change.

                            This last sounds like what happened to me when I was working in
                            CUSTOMDATA files. Are you, or are you using user campaign files?

                            --

                            Hugh Foster
                            hugh@...

                            09/03/2004 11:07:25 AM