Re[2]: [pcgen] Re: New Version of PCGenView..V0.6.4 for PalmOS 5 and PCGen 5

  • Tim Evans
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 1, 2004
      Hello david,

      Monday, March 1, 2004, 10:46:41 AM, you wrote:

      daf> davelpat wrote:
      >> Hmmm ... sounds like a volunteer! ;-)

      daf> As a Network/GUI, C++/Java programmer I have been on the edge of getting
      daf> involved. Was trying to get a sense of the culture first. I am more
      daf> interested in seeing PCgen a more general app that can be used to create
      daf> all the characters from all the games I play and referee in (ie not just
      daf> d20 ones). It has also struck me in the last week that LST files are not
      daf> data but scripts and have wondered why they have not been moved further in
      daf> that direction. Where do the coders hang out, so I can get a feal for the
      daf> group before making up my mind if I want to get involved.

      I think he as suggesting you write a Java Conduite for PCGenView :)

      --
      Best regards,
      Tim mailto:pcgenview@...
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 1, 2004
        Tim Evans wrote:
        > I think he as suggesting you write a Java Conduite for PCGenView :)

        I know Old Chap. Unless you have some info of where to start with there
        protocol it a bit of a non starter. We can discuss it Wednesday if you have
        any ideas.

        --
        / The whole history of this invention has been a struggle
        /\|/\ against time - Charles Babbage 1837 on the Analytical Engine
        | K | All Hail Discordia - Burn all Orange Books!
        \___/ david.allan@... - http://www.ironfort.com
      • Tim Evans
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 1, 2004
          Hello david,

          daf> Tim Evans wrote:
          >> I think he as suggesting you write a Java Conduite for PCGenView :)

          daf> I know Old Chap. Unless you have some info of where to start with there
          daf> protocol it a bit of a non starter. We can discuss it Wednesday if you have
          daf> any ideas.

          Palm do a Java Conduit development kit see

          http://www.palmos.com/dev/tech/conduits/

          --
          Best regards,
          Tim mailto:pcgenview@...