Re: 5.6 [BUG] Shields (w/ Possible Solution)
- OK, I've done a little more experimenting and here's what I've come
1) Adding mithral to shields kicks in all the .ARMOR and .WEAPON cost
2) Customizing shields end up multiplying the enhancement pluses by
2000gp which is from the weapon category which is wrong.
In the rsrd_equip_armorshields.lst :
For all the shield entries
1) remove the .ARMOR
2) move the SHIELD.xxx (heavy,light) before the weapon types (that
way, the enhancement bonuses count against the 1000gp instead of
ex. Shield (Heavy/Metal)
In the rsrd_equipmods_enhancing.lst
Change the Mithral Entry as follows, noticed I've fixed other things
here as well (not only shield).
SPROP:30hp/inch and 15 hardness
Other things to do :
1) The Mithral Shield entry in the rsrd_armorshields_specific.lst has
to be updated to show exactly the same entry as the Base Item Shield
(Heavy/Metal) this is due to the base item NOT bringing down all
things associated with it. (meaning, you have to add COST:20, WEAPON
Hope all of these make it on your patches.
--- In email@example.com, "monch9ph" <mon.yao@c...> wrote:
> With the combination of basetype into one, and having the shield
> being two types. It's giving the customizer fits.
> Try making a Heavy Mithral Shield. Look at how the cost gets
> computed. It's giving the Heavy Armor Cost because it's both
> armor as well as shield. It's going to be a pain because I think
> need to put a lot of PRExxx stuff all around the Mithral.