Re: 5.6 [BUG] Shields (w/ Possible Solution)

  • monch9ph
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1 12:37 AM
      OK, I've done a little more experimenting and here's what I've come
      up with.

      Problems:
      1) Adding mithral to shields kicks in all the .ARMOR and .WEAPON cost
      adjustments.
      2) Customizing shields end up multiplying the enhancement pluses by
      2000gp which is from the weapon category which is wrong.

      Solutions :

      In the rsrd_equip_armorshields.lst :
      For all the shield entries
      1) remove the .ARMOR
      2) move the SHIELD.xxx (heavy,light) before the weapon types (that
      way, the enhancement bonuses count against the 1000gp instead of
      2000gp)
      ex. Shield (Heavy/Metal)
      from Weapon.Melee.Martial.Standard.Bludgeoning.Armor.Shield.Heavy
      to Shield.Heavy.Weapon.Melee.Martial.Bludgeoning.Standard

      In the rsrd_equipmods_enhancing.lst
      Change the Mithral Entry as follows, noticed I've fixed other things
      here as well (not only shield).

      Mithral
      KEY:MTHRL
      TYPE:Ammunition.Weapon.Armor.Shield.Instruments.Tools.BaseMaterial
      COST:0
      VISIBLE:QUALIFY
      ITYPE:Metal.Mithral.Masterwork
      REPLACES:STEEL
      SOURCEPAGE:RSRD
      SpecialMaterials.rtf
      PRETYPE:Metal
      !PRETYPE:Masterwork
      BONUS:EQM|WEIGHTDIV|2|TYPE=Enhancement.REPLACE
      BONUS:EQMARMOR|ACCHECK|3|TYPE=Enhancement.REPLACE|PRETYPE:Armor
      BONUS:EQMARMOR|ACCHECK|3|TYPE=Enhancement.REPLACE|PRETYPE:Shield
      BONUS:EQMARMOR|MAXDEX|2|PRETYPE:Armor
      BONUS:EQMARMOR|MAXDEX|2|PRETYPE:Shield
      BONUS:EQMARMOR|SPELLFAILURE|-10|TYPE=Enhancement|PRETYPE:Armor
      BONUS:EQMARMOR|SPELLFAILURE|-10|TYPE=Enhancement|PRETYPE:Shield
      BONUS:ITEMCOST|TYPE.Ammunition|(WT*500)/2
      BONUS:ITEMCOST|TYPE.Weapon|(WT*500)/2|!PRETYPE:Shield
      BONUS:ITEMCOST|TYPE.Armor.Light|1000
      BONUS:ITEMCOST|TYPE.Armor.Medium|4000
      BONUS:ITEMCOST|TYPE.Armor.Heavy|9000
      BONUS:ITEMCOST|TYPE.Shield|1000
      BONUS:ITEMCOST|TYPE.Goods|(WT*500)/2
      BONUS:WEAPON|TOHIT|1|TYPE=Enhancement|PRETYPE:Weapon
      BONUS:WEAPON|TOHIT|1|TYPE=Enhancement|PRETYPE:Ammunition
      SPROP:30hp/inch and 15 hardness
      ARMORTYPE:Armor.Medium|Armor.Light
      ARMORTYPE:Armor.Heavy|Armor.Medium
      ASSIGNTOALL:YES

      Other things to do :
      1) The Mithral Shield entry in the rsrd_armorshields_specific.lst has
      to be updated to show exactly the same entry as the Base Item Shield
      (Heavy/Metal) this is due to the base item NOT bringing down all
      things associated with it. (meaning, you have to add COST:20, WEAPON
      attributes, etc).

      Hope all of these make it on your patches.

      Monch