5.6 [BUG] Shields

  • monch9ph
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 29, 2004
      With the combination of basetype into one, and having the shield
      being two types. It's giving the customizer fits.

      Try making a Heavy Mithral Shield. Look at how the cost gets
      computed. It's giving the Heavy Armor Cost because it's both heavy,
      armor as well as shield. It's going to be a pain because I think you
      need to put a lot of PRExxx stuff all around the Mithral.

      Monch
    • monch9ph
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2004
        OK, I've done a little more experimenting and here's what I've come
        up with.

        Problems:
        1) Adding mithral to shields kicks in all the .ARMOR and .WEAPON cost
        adjustments.
        2) Customizing shields end up multiplying the enhancement pluses by
        2000gp which is from the weapon category which is wrong.

        Solutions :

        In the rsrd_equip_armorshields.lst :
        For all the shield entries
        1) remove the .ARMOR
        2) move the SHIELD.xxx (heavy,light) before the weapon types (that
        way, the enhancement bonuses count against the 1000gp instead of
        2000gp)
        ex. Shield (Heavy/Metal)
        from Weapon.Melee.Martial.Standard.Bludgeoning.Armor.Shield.Heavy
        to Shield.Heavy.Weapon.Melee.Martial.Bludgeoning.Standard

        In the rsrd_equipmods_enhancing.lst
        Change the Mithral Entry as follows, noticed I've fixed other things
        here as well (not only shield).

        Mithral
        KEY:MTHRL
        TYPE:Ammunition.Weapon.Armor.Shield.Instruments.Tools.BaseMaterial
        COST:0
        VISIBLE:QUALIFY
        ITYPE:Metal.Mithral.Masterwork
        REPLACES:STEEL
        SOURCEPAGE:RSRD
        SpecialMaterials.rtf
        PRETYPE:Metal
        !PRETYPE:Masterwork
        BONUS:EQM|WEIGHTDIV|2|TYPE=Enhancement.REPLACE
        BONUS:EQMARMOR|ACCHECK|3|TYPE=Enhancement.REPLACE|PRETYPE:Armor
        BONUS:EQMARMOR|ACCHECK|3|TYPE=Enhancement.REPLACE|PRETYPE:Shield
        BONUS:EQMARMOR|MAXDEX|2|PRETYPE:Armor
        BONUS:EQMARMOR|MAXDEX|2|PRETYPE:Shield
        BONUS:EQMARMOR|SPELLFAILURE|-10|TYPE=Enhancement|PRETYPE:Armor
        BONUS:EQMARMOR|SPELLFAILURE|-10|TYPE=Enhancement|PRETYPE:Shield
        BONUS:ITEMCOST|TYPE.Ammunition|(WT*500)/2
        BONUS:ITEMCOST|TYPE.Weapon|(WT*500)/2|!PRETYPE:Shield
        BONUS:ITEMCOST|TYPE.Armor.Light|1000
        BONUS:ITEMCOST|TYPE.Armor.Medium|4000
        BONUS:ITEMCOST|TYPE.Armor.Heavy|9000
        BONUS:ITEMCOST|TYPE.Shield|1000
        BONUS:ITEMCOST|TYPE.Goods|(WT*500)/2
        BONUS:WEAPON|TOHIT|1|TYPE=Enhancement|PRETYPE:Weapon
        BONUS:WEAPON|TOHIT|1|TYPE=Enhancement|PRETYPE:Ammunition
        SPROP:30hp/inch and 15 hardness
        ARMORTYPE:Armor.Medium|Armor.Light
        ARMORTYPE:Armor.Heavy|Armor.Medium
        ASSIGNTOALL:YES

        Other things to do :
        1) The Mithral Shield entry in the rsrd_armorshields_specific.lst has
        to be updated to show exactly the same entry as the Base Item Shield
        (Heavy/Metal) this is due to the base item NOT bringing down all
        things associated with it. (meaning, you have to add COST:20, WEAPON
        attributes, etc).

        Hope all of these make it on your patches.

        Monch