[tracker entered] RE: [pcgen] Re: [BUG] No magic items

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 29, 2004
      Alright, I just duplicated this as well. I wiped out my directory
      completely, and redownloaded everything. 3e, SRD, with masterwork, magic
      and exotic checked. I'm not getting the + magic weaponry or armor (not sure
      what was going on that I was earlier). So...

      [ 907188 ] [SRD][RSRD] magic armor/weapon not auto-populating
      https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=907188&group_id=36
      698&atid=417816

      Paul W. King

      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 29, 2004
        At 11:03 PM 2/29/2004 +0000, you wrote:
        >Message: 21
        > Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 22:23:57 -0000
        > From: "jackalnz01" <davidrowe@...>
        >Subject: Re: [BUG] No magic items
        >
        >What source files did you have loaded?

        The Source Material pane lists "3.0 SRD". I'm running in 3e game mode.

        I turned on Debug mode before I loaded the files, and the following was
        printed during loading.

        PCGen version:5.6.0
        System Configuration Document doesn't seem to exist!
        Number of objects loaded. The following should all be greater than 0:
        Races=565
        Classes=76
        Skills=109
        Feats=219
        Equipment=2101
        WeaponProfs=113
        Kits=0
        Number of objects loaded. The following should all be greater than 0:
        Races=565
        Classes=76
        Skills=109
        Feats=219
        Equipment=2101
        WeaponProfs=113
        Kits=0

        I'm not sure what the System Configuration message means. Kits is also 0
        when there message claims it shouldn't be, but I don't think that should
        matter.

        After I selected the alignment and race, a bunch of BONUS: lines were
        written to the debug console, followed by two more printings of the objects
        loaded reports. I can post that if you want, but nothing looked unusual.

        My java info is

        java version "1.4.1_02"
        Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.1_02-b06)

        Troy

        >--- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@v...>
        >wrote:
        > > I just did both the SRD and RSRD. I have checked in settings ->
        > > preferences -> equipment to have all masterwork, exotic and magic
        >items to
        > > be generated. I went to inventory, and it appears that they're all
        >there.
        > >
        > > Paul W. King
        > > OGL SB, PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, TM Lemur, BoD

      • Hugh Foster
        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 1, 2004
          > I just reinstalled the app from scratch. Select just the 3.0 SRD and
          > checked the auto-generate +1 to +5 box, ..., and still no magic
          > equipment.

          I also have this, and it's a show-stopper for me - none of my existing
          characters will load properly, and my players will mince me if all
          their magical equipment vanishes like this :)

          Priority 9 for this one IMHO!

          --

          Hugh Foster
          hugh@...

          01/03/2004 6:08:56 PM
        • Paul W. King
          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 1, 2004
          • troy_danielsus
            Message 5 of 18 , Mar 6, 2004
              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@v...> wrote:

              > [ 907188 ] [SRD][RSRD] magic armor/weapon not auto-populating

              https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=907188&group_id=36
              > 698&atid=417816

              I looked at this, and it looked like the bug was closed and reopened
              as a code bug instead of a lst bug. Is that correct, and is there a
              way to find the ID of the new bug entry?

              Troy
            • David
              Message 6 of 18 , Mar 6, 2004
                Look in the text of the tracker and it points you to the new bug.

                -- david
                aka Papa-DRB
                Tracker Monkey

                Message 7 of 18 , Mar 8, 2004
                  Sorry, I have tried, but I can't navigate the sourceforge site, I have
                  created an account, but when I follow the link to the Tracker, it
                  demands a login to show me the progress, and then takes me to a page
                  telling me I'm not a member of anything from where I can't get back.

                  I'd just like to get a clue when I can load my characters into 5.6
                  with their equipment.... :)

                  --

                  Hugh Foster
                  hugh@...