Re: [BUG] No magic items

  • jackalnz01
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 29, 2004
      I get this problem also. This is a completely new install with all
      the 'generate options' ticked and and all RSRD files loaded.

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "troy_danielsus" <udalrich@c...> wrote:
      > Bump, include bug in subject.
      >
      > OS is Windows 2000 professional.
      >
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "troy_danielsus" <udalrich@c...>
      wrote:
      > > I just downloaded version 5.6.0, and I'm not getting any magic
      items
      > > listed in the equipment section.
      > >
      > > Under preferences, I have "Automatically generate equipment"
      checked,
      > > and "Magic (+1 to +5)" checked. When I list equipment by
      > > Type/Subtype/Name, the Magic subtype isn't there anymore. I've
      turned
      > > off all the filters. If I list type Type/Name, there are some
      > > specific shields and the standard combonations of regular shields
      > > (Large/Metal, Large/Metal/Masterwork, Small/Metal/Adamantine,
      etc.)

      > > If I try to load a character created under 5.6.0 RC 1 with a +2
      > > shield, it claims it can't find the equipment, and no shield
      appears.

      > > I had the debug console open, but nothing was written to it.
      > >
      > > Any idea what might be wrong?
    • jackalnz01
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 29, 2004
        What source files did you have loaded?

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@v...>
        wrote:
        > I just did both the SRD and RSRD. I have checked in settings ->
        > preferences -> equipment to have all masterwork, exotic and magic
        items to
        > be generated. I went to inventory, and it appears that they're all
        there.

        > Paul W. King
        > OGL SB, PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, TM Lemur, BoD

      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 29, 2004
          Hi David,

          Quoting jackalnz01 <davidrowe@...>:

          > I get this problem also. This is a completely new install with all
          > the 'generate options' ticked and and all RSRD files loaded.

          When you say all RSRD files, what do you mean? You should have *either* the full
          RSRD loaded, or one or more of the items under the optional branch (generally
          the basic, and then any other selections you need). If you load all of the
          optional sources, and the main RSRD file, you have two complete copies of the
          same sources loaded, and may get all sorts of funny stuff happening...

          Cheers,
          James Dempsey
          PCGen Code Monkey
          jdempsey@...
        • God
          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 29, 2004
            The buckler always gives me the -1 penalty on melee and grapple
            attacks. But the -1 only applies to the weapon you are using
            with the buckler.

            And why does the buckler appear as armor and shield on the OS?

            Marc
          • jackalnz01
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 29, 2004
              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@a...> wrote:
              > Hi David,

              I was using both sets.

              I have now changed the source files to use only those from the
              optional branch, ie. Basics, Advanced and Mosnters ... and still get
              the problem.

              > Quoting jackalnz01 <davidrowe@p...>:
              >
              > > I get this problem also. This is a completely new install with
              all
              > > the 'generate options' ticked and and all RSRD files loaded.
              > >
              > When you say all RSRD files, what do you mean? You should have
              *either* the full
              > RSRD loaded, or one or more of the items under the optional branch
              (generally
              > the basic, and then any other selections you need). If you load all
              of the
              > optional sources, and the main RSRD file, you have two complete
              copies of the
              > same sources loaded, and may get all sorts of funny stuff
              happening...

              > Cheers,
              > James Dempsey
              > PCGen Code Monkey
              > jdempsey@a...
            • Steve Gilroy
              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 29, 2004
                Clean 5.6 download and installed. Only 3.0 SRD loaded (just the 1
                source). Checked the boxes in the preferences for Masterwork, Magic (+1
                to +5) and Exotic Materials.
                Only Masterwork shields and those made of Exotic Materials are showing up.

                --
                Steven Gilroy
                PCGen OS Lemur

              • Paul W. King
                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 29, 2004
                  Just the SRD in 3e and RSRD in 35e

                  Paul W. King

                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 29, 2004
                    I just reinstalled the app from scratch. Select just the 3.0 SRD and
                    checked the auto-generate +1 to +5 box, ..., and still no magic
                    equipment.

                    Message 9 of 18 , Feb 29, 2004
                      Alright, I just duplicated this as well. I wiped out my directory
                      completely, and redownloaded everything. 3e, SRD, with masterwork, magic
                      and exotic checked. I'm not getting the + magic weaponry or armor (not sure
                      what was going on that I was earlier). So...

                      [ 907188 ] [SRD][RSRD] magic armor/weapon not auto-populating
                      https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=907188&group_id=36
                      698&atid=417816

                      Paul W. King

                      Message 10 of 18 , Feb 29, 2004
                        At 11:03 PM 2/29/2004 +0000, you wrote:
                        >Message: 21
                        > Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 22:23:57 -0000
                        > From: "jackalnz01" <davidrowe@...>
                        >Subject: Re: [BUG] No magic items
                        >
                        >What source files did you have loaded?

                        The Source Material pane lists "3.0 SRD". I'm running in 3e game mode.

                        I turned on Debug mode before I loaded the files, and the following was
                        printed during loading.

                        PCGen version:5.6.0
                        System Configuration Document doesn't seem to exist!
                        Number of objects loaded. The following should all be greater than 0:
                        Races=565
                        Classes=76
                        Skills=109
                        Feats=219
                        Equipment=2101
                        WeaponProfs=113
                        Kits=0
                        Number of objects loaded. The following should all be greater than 0:
                        Races=565
                        Classes=76
                        Skills=109
                        Feats=219
                        Equipment=2101
                        WeaponProfs=113
                        Kits=0

                        I'm not sure what the System Configuration message means. Kits is also 0
                        when there message claims it shouldn't be, but I don't think that should
                        matter.

                        After I selected the alignment and race, a bunch of BONUS: lines were
                        written to the debug console, followed by two more printings of the objects
                        loaded reports. I can post that if you want, but nothing looked unusual.

                        My java info is

                        java version "1.4.1_02"
                        Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.1_02-b06)

                        Troy

                        >--- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@v...>
                        >wrote:
                        > > I just did both the SRD and RSRD. I have checked in settings ->
                        > > preferences -> equipment to have all masterwork, exotic and magic
                        >items to
                        > > be generated. I went to inventory, and it appears that they're all
                        >there.
                        > >
                        > > Paul W. King
                        > > OGL SB, PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, TM Lemur, BoD

                      • Hugh Foster
                        Message 11 of 18 , Mar 1, 2004
                          > I just reinstalled the app from scratch. Select just the 3.0 SRD and
                          > checked the auto-generate +1 to +5 box, ..., and still no magic
                          > equipment.

                          I also have this, and it's a show-stopper for me - none of my existing
                          characters will load properly, and my players will mince me if all
                          their magical equipment vanishes like this :)

                          Priority 9 for this one IMHO!

                          --

                          Hugh Foster
                          hugh@...

                          01/03/2004 6:08:56 PM
                        • Paul W. King
                          Message 12 of 18 , Mar 1, 2004
                          • troy_danielsus
                            Message 13 of 18 , Mar 6, 2004
                              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@v...> wrote:

                              > [ 907188 ] [SRD][RSRD] magic armor/weapon not auto-populating

                              https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=907188&group_id=36
                              > 698&atid=417816

                              I looked at this, and it looked like the bug was closed and reopened
                              as a code bug instead of a lst bug. Is that correct, and is there a
                              way to find the ID of the new bug entry?

                              Troy
                            • David
                              Message 14 of 18 , Mar 6, 2004
                                Look in the text of the tracker and it points you to the new bug.

                                -- david
                                aka Papa-DRB
                                Tracker Monkey

                                Message 15 of 18 , Mar 8, 2004
                                  Sorry, I have tried, but I can't navigate the sourceforge site, I have
                                  created an account, but when I follow the link to the Tracker, it
                                  demands a login to show me the progress, and then takes me to a page
                                  telling me I'm not a member of anything from where I can't get back.

                                  I'd just like to get a clue when I can load my characters into 5.6
                                  with their equipment.... :)

                                  --

                                  Hugh Foster
                                  hugh@...