[BUG 5.6] Case (Map or Scroll) is full (all the time).

  • Kgallaghar
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 28, 2004
      I am unable to get the Case (Map or Scroll) container to hold even a
      single sheet of paper or a single scroll. It reports that the Case
      (Map or Scroll) is full. I can sell it and buy a new one, and it is
      still full. This used to work, but hasn't at least since the
      release candidates.

      I tested it today with a new install to an empty PCGen directory,
      with a freshly downloaded 5.6.0 PCGen and a newly created 1st level
      sorceress who owns only 2 sheets of paper and two scrolls (Alarm and
      Feather Fall) (the poor dear). After equiping the character with
      (only) the Case (Map or Scroll), and trying to put 1 sheet of paper
      or 1 scroll into it, I receive a pop up stating "Container Case (Map
      or Scroll) is full"
    • Me Too
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 28, 2004
        yeah ran into that myself... at least the backpack
        still lets you put things in.....
        --- Kgallaghar <Karen_San_Diego@...> wrote:
        > I am unable to get the Case (Map or Scroll)
        > container to hold even a
        > single sheet of paper or a single scroll. It
        > reports that the Case
        > (Map or Scroll) is full. I can sell it and buy a
        > new one, and it is
        > still full. This used to work, but hasn't at least
        > since the
        > release candidates.
        >
        > I tested it today with a new install to an empty
        > PCGen directory,
        > with a freshly downloaded 5.6.0 PCGen and a newly
        > created 1st level
        > sorceress who owns only 2 sheets of paper and two
        > scrolls (Alarm and
        > Feather Fall) (the poor dear). After equiping the
        > character with
        > (only) the Case (Map or Scroll), and trying to put 1
        > sheet of paper
        > or 1 scroll into it, I receive a pop up stating
        > "Container Case (Map
        > or Scroll) is full"

        http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
      • Paul W. King
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 28, 2004
          I just created (5.6, 3e game mode, SRD only loaded) a NG human Sor 1. I
          bought and equipped a case (map or scroll), scroll (feather fall) and 1
          sheet of paper. I was able to put both the scroll and the paper in the case
          with no problem.

          Paul W. King

          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 28, 2004
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@v...>
            wrote:
            > I just created (5.6, 3e game mode, SRD only loaded) a NG human Sor
            1. I
            > bought and equipped a case (map or scroll), scroll (feather fall)
            and 1
            > sheet of paper. I was able to put both the scroll and the paper in
            the case
            > with no problem.
            >
            > Paul W. King
            > OGL SB, PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, TM Lemur, BoD

            I was just playing around with sacks and chests and they all default
            to full immediately. I could not put even a single gold piece into
            any container I equipped, not even a keelboat :-)
          • eleran2
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 28, 2004
              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "eleran2" <eleran@t...> wrote:
              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@v...>
              > wrote:
              > > I just created (5.6, 3e game mode, SRD only loaded) a NG human
              Sor
              > 1. I
              > > bought and equipped a case (map or scroll), scroll (feather fall)
              > and 1
              > > sheet of paper. I was able to put both the scroll and the paper
              in
              > the case
              > > with no problem.
              > >
              > > Paul W. King
              > > OGL SB, PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, TM Lemur, BoD

              Oddly however, when I try to equip any gems into the different
              containers they go in just fine.
            • Kgallaghar
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 28, 2004
                wrote:
                > I just created (5.6, 3e game mode, SRD only loaded) a NG human Sor
                1. I
                > bought and equipped a case (map or scroll), scroll (feather fall)
                and 1
                > sheet of paper. I was able to put both the scroll and the paper
                in the case
                > with no problem.

                Did I mention that I was using the 3.5 RSD? Any darn sorceress can
                equip a 3E Case (map or scroll), but, ah, the 3.5 Case (Map or
                Scroll), that's a case of a different horse! That darn scroll is
                already full.

                It does work (even for me) in 3E, though.
              • Paul W. King
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 28, 2004
                  If you did, I must've missed it. I apologize. Testing in 35e, I duplicated
                  the error. So:

                  [ 906631 ] [RSRD] case (map or scroll) starts out full
                  https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=906631&group_id=36
                  698&atid=417816

                  Paul W. King

                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 28, 2004
                    > If you did, I must've missed it. I apologize. Testing in 35e, I
                    duplicated
                    > the error. So:

                    No, I hadn't mentioned it in my first post. I just assumed everyone
                    would know I was using 3.5E...

                    thanks,

                    Karen of the Magical Anti-Case (Map or Scroll).
                  • blue_wizard2
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 29, 2004

                      I added an fixed version of the srd3.5 version of the rsrd_equip.lst
                      in the files\Fixes to SRD
                      The srd3.0 version is hasn't got the problem.

                      It had an mis-coding part in it:
                      "Contains:3|Total:-1|Scroll=-1|Documents=-1|Paper=-1"

                      It should read:
                      "Contains:3|Total:6|Scroll=6|Documents=6|Paper=6"

                      I checked with the latest 5.6 release candidate and it works.
                      I will test this with the lastest version today (I don't expect it to
                      fail)

                      Debugging, Blue Wizard

                    • Kgallaghar
                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 29, 2004
                        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "blue_wizard2" <spoppelaars@h...>
                        wrote:
                        > Hi,
                        >
                        > I added an fixed version of the srd3.5 version of the
                        rsrd_equip.lst
                        > in the files\Fixes to SRD
                        > The srd3.0 version is hasn't got the problem.
                        >
                        > It had an mis-coding part in it:
                        > "Contains:3|Total:-1|Scroll=-1|Documents=-1|Paper=-1"
                        >
                        > It should read:
                        > "Contains:3|Total:6|Scroll=6|Documents=6|Paper=6"

                        I made your change to my rsrd_equip.lst and it works like a champ.
                        Thanks.

                        Karen
                      • Me Too
                        Message 11 of 12 , Feb 29, 2004
                          Hey how did you use this fix??? I tried to open the
                          file and do the same change and it didn't work for
                          me....

                          Message 12 of 12 , Feb 29, 2004
                            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Me Too <spaazz2112@y...> wrote:
                            > Hey how did you use this fix??? I tried to open the
                            > file and do the same change and it didn't work for
                            > me....

                            I opened the the rsrd_equip.lst
                            and changed

                            > "Contains:3|Total:-1|Scroll=-1|Documents=-1|Paper=-1"

                            > > > "Contains:3|Total:6|Scroll=6|Documents=6|Paper=6"

                            And now it is no longer full, and I can put scrolls into it.
                            Karen