No magic items

  • troy_danielsus
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 28, 2004
      I just downloaded version 5.6.0, and I'm not getting any magic items
      listed in the equipment section.

      Under preferences, I have "Automatically generate equipment" checked,
      and "Magic (+1 to +5)" checked. When I list equipment by
      Type/Subtype/Name, the Magic subtype isn't there anymore. I've turned
      off all the filters. If I list type Type/Name, there are some
      specific shields and the standard combonations of regular shields
      (Large/Metal, Large/Metal/Masterwork, Small/Metal/Adamantine, etc.)

      If I try to load a character created under 5.6.0 RC 1 with a +2
      shield, it claims it can't find the equipment, and no shield appears.

      I had the debug console open, but nothing was written to it.

      Any idea what might be wrong?
    • troy_danielsus
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 28, 2004
        Bump, include bug in subject.

        OS is Windows 2000 professional.

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "troy_danielsus" <udalrich@c...> wrote:
        > I just downloaded version 5.6.0, and I'm not getting any magic items
        > listed in the equipment section.
        >
        > Under preferences, I have "Automatically generate equipment" checked,
        > and "Magic (+1 to +5)" checked. When I list equipment by
        > Type/Subtype/Name, the Magic subtype isn't there anymore. I've turned
        > off all the filters. If I list type Type/Name, there are some
        > specific shields and the standard combonations of regular shields
        > (Large/Metal, Large/Metal/Masterwork, Small/Metal/Adamantine, etc.)
        >
        > If I try to load a character created under 5.6.0 RC 1 with a +2
        > shield, it claims it can't find the equipment, and no shield appears.
        >
        > I had the debug console open, but nothing was written to it.
        >
        > Any idea what might be wrong?
      • Paul W. King
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 28, 2004
          I just did both the SRD and RSRD. I have checked in settings ->
          preferences -> equipment to have all masterwork, exotic and magic items to
          be generated. I went to inventory, and it appears that they're all there.

          Paul W. King

          > I just downloaded version 5.6.0, and I'm not getting any magic items
          > listed in the equipment section.
          >
          > Under preferences, I have "Automatically generate equipment" checked,
          > and "Magic (+1 to +5)" checked. When I list equipment by
          > Type/Subtype/Name, the Magic subtype isn't there anymore. I've turned
          > off all the filters. If I list type Type/Name, there are some
          > specific shields and the standard combonations of regular shields
          > (Large/Metal, Large/Metal/Masterwork, Small/Metal/Adamantine, etc.)
        • jackalnz01
          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 29, 2004
            I get this problem also. This is a completely new install with all
            the 'generate options' ticked and and all RSRD files loaded.

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "troy_danielsus" <udalrich@c...> wrote:
            > Bump, include bug in subject.
            >
            > OS is Windows 2000 professional.
            >
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "troy_danielsus" <udalrich@c...>
            wrote:
            > > I just downloaded version 5.6.0, and I'm not getting any magic
            items
            > > listed in the equipment section.
            > >
            > > Under preferences, I have "Automatically generate equipment"
            checked,
            > > and "Magic (+1 to +5)" checked. When I list equipment by
            > > Type/Subtype/Name, the Magic subtype isn't there anymore. I've
            turned
            > > off all the filters. If I list type Type/Name, there are some
            > > specific shields and the standard combonations of regular shields
            > > (Large/Metal, Large/Metal/Masterwork, Small/Metal/Adamantine,
            etc.)

            > > If I try to load a character created under 5.6.0 RC 1 with a +2
            > > shield, it claims it can't find the equipment, and no shield
            appears.

            > > I had the debug console open, but nothing was written to it.
            > >
            > > Any idea what might be wrong?
          • jackalnz01
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 29, 2004
              What source files did you have loaded?

              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@v...>
              wrote:
              > I just did both the SRD and RSRD. I have checked in settings ->
              > preferences -> equipment to have all masterwork, exotic and magic
              items to
              > be generated. I went to inventory, and it appears that they're all
              there.

              > Paul W. King
              > OGL SB, PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, TM Lemur, BoD

            • James Dempsey
              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 29, 2004
                Hi David,

                Quoting jackalnz01 <davidrowe@...>:

                > I get this problem also. This is a completely new install with all
                > the 'generate options' ticked and and all RSRD files loaded.

                When you say all RSRD files, what do you mean? You should have *either* the full
                RSRD loaded, or one or more of the items under the optional branch (generally
                the basic, and then any other selections you need). If you load all of the
                optional sources, and the main RSRD file, you have two complete copies of the
                same sources loaded, and may get all sorts of funny stuff happening...

                Cheers,
                James Dempsey
                PCGen Code Monkey
                jdempsey@...
              • God
                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 29, 2004
                  The buckler always gives me the -1 penalty on melee and grapple
                  attacks. But the -1 only applies to the weapon you are using
                  with the buckler.

                  And why does the buckler appear as armor and shield on the OS?

                  Marc
                • jackalnz01
                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 29, 2004
                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@a...> wrote:
                    > Hi David,

                    I was using both sets.

                    I have now changed the source files to use only those from the
                    optional branch, ie. Basics, Advanced and Mosnters ... and still get
                    the problem.

                    > Quoting jackalnz01 <davidrowe@p...>:
                    >
                    > > I get this problem also. This is a completely new install with
                    all
                    > > the 'generate options' ticked and and all RSRD files loaded.
                    > >
                    > When you say all RSRD files, what do you mean? You should have
                    *either* the full
                    > RSRD loaded, or one or more of the items under the optional branch
                    (generally
                    > the basic, and then any other selections you need). If you load all
                    of the
                    > optional sources, and the main RSRD file, you have two complete
                    copies of the
                    > same sources loaded, and may get all sorts of funny stuff
                    happening...

                    > Cheers,
                    > James Dempsey
                    > PCGen Code Monkey
                    > jdempsey@a...
                  • Steve Gilroy
                    Message 9 of 18 , Feb 29, 2004
                      Clean 5.6 download and installed. Only 3.0 SRD loaded (just the 1
                      source). Checked the boxes in the preferences for Masterwork, Magic (+1
                      to +5) and Exotic Materials.
                      Only Masterwork shields and those made of Exotic Materials are showing up.

                      --
                      Steven Gilroy
                      PCGen OS Lemur

                    • Paul W. King
                      Message 10 of 18 , Feb 29, 2004
                        Just the SRD in 3e and RSRD in 35e

                        Paul W. King

                        Message 11 of 18 , Feb 29, 2004
                          I just reinstalled the app from scratch. Select just the 3.0 SRD and
                          checked the auto-generate +1 to +5 box, ..., and still no magic
                          equipment.

                          Message 12 of 18 , Feb 29, 2004
                            Alright, I just duplicated this as well. I wiped out my directory
                            completely, and redownloaded everything. 3e, SRD, with masterwork, magic
                            and exotic checked. I'm not getting the + magic weaponry or armor (not sure
                            what was going on that I was earlier). So...

                            [ 907188 ] [SRD][RSRD] magic armor/weapon not auto-populating
                            https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=907188&group_id=36
                            698&atid=417816

                            Paul W. King

                            Message 13 of 18 , Feb 29, 2004
                              At 11:03 PM 2/29/2004 +0000, you wrote:
                              >Message: 21
                              > Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 22:23:57 -0000
                              > From: "jackalnz01" <davidrowe@...>
                              >Subject: Re: [BUG] No magic items
                              >
                              >What source files did you have loaded?

                              The Source Material pane lists "3.0 SRD". I'm running in 3e game mode.

                              I turned on Debug mode before I loaded the files, and the following was
                              printed during loading.

                              PCGen version:5.6.0
                              System Configuration Document doesn't seem to exist!
                              Number of objects loaded. The following should all be greater than 0:
                              Races=565
                              Classes=76
                              Skills=109
                              Feats=219
                              Equipment=2101
                              WeaponProfs=113
                              Kits=0
                              Number of objects loaded. The following should all be greater than 0:
                              Races=565
                              Classes=76
                              Skills=109
                              Feats=219
                              Equipment=2101
                              WeaponProfs=113
                              Kits=0

                              I'm not sure what the System Configuration message means. Kits is also 0
                              when there message claims it shouldn't be, but I don't think that should
                              matter.

                              After I selected the alignment and race, a bunch of BONUS: lines were
                              written to the debug console, followed by two more printings of the objects
                              loaded reports. I can post that if you want, but nothing looked unusual.

                              My java info is

                              java version "1.4.1_02"
                              Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.1_02-b06)

                              Troy

                              >--- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@v...>
                              >wrote:
                              > > I just did both the SRD and RSRD. I have checked in settings ->
                              > > preferences -> equipment to have all masterwork, exotic and magic
                              >items to
                              > > be generated. I went to inventory, and it appears that they're all
                              >there.
                              > >
                              > > Paul W. King
                              > > OGL SB, PL Chimp, Data Tamarin, TM Lemur, BoD

                            • Hugh Foster
                              Message 14 of 18 , Mar 1, 2004
                                > I just reinstalled the app from scratch. Select just the 3.0 SRD and
                                > checked the auto-generate +1 to +5 box, ..., and still no magic
                                > equipment.

                                I also have this, and it's a show-stopper for me - none of my existing
                                characters will load properly, and my players will mince me if all
                                their magical equipment vanishes like this :)

                                Priority 9 for this one IMHO!

                                --

                                Hugh Foster
                                hugh@...

                                01/03/2004 6:08:56 PM
                              • Paul W. King
                                Message 15 of 18 , Mar 1, 2004
                                • troy_danielsus
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Mar 6, 2004
                                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@v...> wrote:

                                    > [ 907188 ] [SRD][RSRD] magic armor/weapon not auto-populating

                                    https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=907188&group_id=36
                                    > 698&atid=417816

                                    I looked at this, and it looked like the bug was closed and reopened
                                    as a code bug instead of a lst bug. Is that correct, and is there a
                                    way to find the ID of the new bug entry?

                                    Troy
                                  • David
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Mar 6, 2004
                                      Look in the text of the tracker and it points you to the new bug.

                                      -- david
                                      aka Papa-DRB
                                      Tracker Monkey

                                      Message 18 of 18 , Mar 8, 2004
                                        Sorry, I have tried, but I can't navigate the sourceforge site, I have
                                        created an account, but when I follow the link to the Tracker, it
                                        demands a login to show me the progress, and then takes me to a page
                                        telling me I'm not a member of anything from where I can't get back.

                                        I'd just like to get a clue when I can load my characters into 5.6
                                        with their equipment.... :)

                                        --

                                        Hugh Foster
                                        hugh@...