  • Paul Grosse
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 25, 2004
      <snip>
      merton_monk wrote:
      > It doesn't calculate Gold - that ability was removed when we became
      > OGL compliant. It's not hard to do, but the mechanics aren't open.

      I can understand why the standard SRD and RSRD files don't have the tags
      do this but why can't PCgen do it? Surely there are LST files where it
      would be resnoble? If we can't have that, can we have a tag that puts up
      dialog and allows the user to put the values in?
      </snip>

      Actually that wouldn't be bad, something like the point buy system.
      Since we can't technically define how the point buy system works we let
      the user define it. The only problem I can forsee is that you are
      basically MODing base classes, because the starting gold is based on
      what class you are, isn't it? Or did they lump that all together too? It
      would also be nice to have a place to put how much gold x char level
      should have, for those NPC's your making in a hurry :)

      Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
      PCGen OGL Chimp & LST Lemur-in-training
      ICQ: 14397299
      AO: Nylan
      Various forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)

      "The Earth is just too small and fragile a basket for the human race to
      keep all it's eggs in." - Robert Heinlein
    • Joshua Randall
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 25, 2004
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Grosse" <paul.grosse@m...> wrote:

        > Actually that wouldn't be bad, something like the point
        > buy system.

        That's a great idea, especially for > 1st-level PCs and NPCs whom you
        want to equip quickly.

        Question: when Kits were still active, could you have sold all the
        items you're granted to figure out how much gold that class of
        character starts with?

        Also, I notice that PCGen "knows" how much XP you need for each
        level, yet this is explicitly *not* part of the R/SRD.
      • Andy Knight
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 26, 2004
          Joshua Randall wrote:

          >Also, I notice that PCGen "knows" how much XP you need for each
          >level, yet this is explicitly *not* part of the R/SRD.

          XP is a special case. IIRC, WotC permissioned it to PCGen after they
          signed a deal with CMP.

          -Andy Knight
        • Sigurdur H. Olafsson
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 1, 2004
            Are kits still part of PCGen?
            I noticed the option is there under the file menu, and it´s
            extensively documented, but when you open the dialogue in 5.6 it´s
            rather spartan.

            I am looking at this as part of a doc overhaul.

            Siggy - Doc Chimp

            PS. Can someone post the primate hierachy here for inclusion in the
            docs?

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Joshua Randall" <jerandall@y...>
            wrote:
            > Question: when Kits were still active, could you have sold all the
            > items you're granted to figure out how much gold that class of
            > character starts with?
            >
            > Also, I notice that PCGen "knows" how much XP you need for each
            > level, yet this is explicitly *not* part of the R/SRD.
          • Paul W. King
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 1, 2004
              > PS. Can someone post the primate hierachy here for inclusion in the
              > docs?

              From the By-laws posted on 11/3 here:

              Silverback
              Chimp
              Gibbon
              Tamarin
              Lemur
              Ooze

              These are the ones across all teams. Some teams have additional
              ranks. For instance, Beaver is a Data Gorilla.

              Paul W. King
            • Reginald Blue
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 1, 2004
                Okay, I'll bite, what, precisely, would being rated an Ooze entail? Sounds
                more like an insult than a rank.

                (Oh, BTW, you can link directly to a document, even if Yahoo's interface
                doesn't support it directly. For example:

                works.)
                > PS. Can someone post the primate hierachy here for inclusion in the
                > docs?

                From the By-laws posted on 11/3 here:

                Silverback
                Chimp
                Gibbon
                Tamarin
                Lemur
                Ooze

                These are the ones across all teams. Some teams have additional
                ranks. For instance, Beaver is a Data Gorilla.

                Paul W. King

              • Shane Molnar
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 1, 2004
                  For the Doc point of view, it would be a person who accidentally removed
                  a chunk of stuff that would require hours of work to replace. They would
                  be labelled an Ooze until they had replace what was lost :)

                  Shane Molnar
                  (a.k.a. LetohNereg)
                  www.rubycovenant.com.au
                  PCGen Doc Silverback
                  PCGen BoD

                  > PS. Can someone post the primate hierachy here for inclusion in the
                  > docs?

                  From the By-laws posted on 11/3 here:

                  Silverback
                  Chimp
                  Gibbon
                  Tamarin
                  Lemur
                  Ooze

                  These are the ones across all teams. Some teams have additional
                  ranks. For instance, Beaver is a Data Gorilla.

                  Paul W. King

                  PCGen's FAQ:
                  Yahoo! Groups Links
                • Eric Beaudoin
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 1, 2004
                    At 09:31 2004.03.01, Reginald Blue wrote:
                    >Okay, I'll bite, what, precisely, would being rated an Ooze entail? Sounds
                    >more like an insult than a rank.

                    Ask BD, I belive he was the only one ever "awarded" the Ooze rank. He actually wore it like a badge. :-)

                    [But then again, I may be entirely wrong but this sounds like a good opportunity for some BD bashing and we didn't have any in quite a while :-]

                    Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin (hiding in the trench)
                    <mailto:beaudoer@...>