It's a girl

  • Frugal
    Message 1 of 29 , Feb 19, 2004
      Jalea & Frugal are proud to announce the birth of their daughter Rowan
      Eleanor Ward at 03:30 this morning (18th Feb 2004).

      Rowan was born by Caeserian Section and weighs an impressive 9lb 13oz.

      Mother and baby are both doing fine, although Jalea is understandably tired.

      --
      regards,
      Frugal
      Message 2 of 29 , Feb 19, 2004
        On Thursday, February 19, 2004, at 03:21 AM, Frugal wrote:

        > Jalea & Frugal are proud to announce the birth of their daughter Rowan
        > Eleanor Ward at 03:30 this morning (18th Feb 2004).
        >
        > Rowan was born by Caeserian Section and weighs an impressive 9lb 13oz.
        >
        > Mother and baby are both doing fine, although Jalea is understandably
        > tired.
        >
        > --
        > regards,
        > Frugal
        > OS Chimp

        Wooo-hoooOOOO! Congratulations, Frugal!

        ~ Michael
      • Keith Davies
        Message 3 of 29 , Feb 19, 2004
          On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 09:21:30AM +0000, Frugal wrote:
          > Jalea & Frugal are proud to announce the birth of their daughter Rowan
          > Eleanor Ward at 03:30 this morning (18th Feb 2004).
          >
          > Rowan was born by Caeserian Section and weighs an impressive 9lb 13oz.
          >
          > Mother and baby are both doing fine, although Jalea is understandably
          > tired.

          Congratulations to you all!

          heh, and you think you're tired *now*... <g>

          Keith
          keith.davies@... Naomi: "Strawberry!"
          me: "What do you say?"
          Naomi: "*MY* strawberry!"
        • Barak
          Message 4 of 29 , Feb 19, 2004

            Congrats!

            She might even forgive you some day I bet! :p

            Barak
          • Paul W. King
            Message 5 of 29 , Feb 19, 2004
              Congrats! My daughter will be 4 in May. You're world just changed
              dramatically...its a good thing, but its still a major change. Welcome to
              the world of fatherhood.
            • Shane Molnar
              Message 6 of 29 , Feb 19, 2004
                Well done! Congratulations!

                Shane Molnar
                (a.k.a. LetohNereg)
                PCGen Doc Silverback
                PCGen BoD

                Message 7 of 29 , Feb 19, 2004
                  Congrats!

                  Now the fun begins, soon she'll be going to school, dating and bringing
                  home boys!!! Heh!

                  Seriously, enjoy your daughter. They are really fun to help and watch
                  grow up.

                  -- david (and father of a 26 year old daughter)

                  Message 8 of 29 , Feb 19, 2004
                    <snip>
                    Jalea & Frugal are proud to announce the birth of their daughter Rowan
                    Eleanor Ward at 03:30 this morning (18th Feb 2004).

                    Rowan was born by Caeserian Section and weighs an impressive 9lb 13oz.

                    Mother and baby are both doing fine, although Jalea is understandably
                    tired.

                    --
                    regards,
                    Frugal
                    OS Chimp
                    </snip>

                    Congratz!!! Now when can she start helping out with PCGen? :)
                  • taluroniscandar
                    Message 9 of 29 , Feb 19, 2004
                      Congrats!!
                    • Michael R. Beaver
                      Message 10 of 29 , Feb 19, 2004
                        Nice Output! Congrats!

                        Jalea & Frugal are proud to announce the birth of their daughter Rowan
                        Eleanor Ward at 03:30 this morning (18th Feb 2004).

                        Rowan was born by Caeserian Section and weighs an impressive 9lb 13oz.

                        Mother and baby are both doing fine, although Jalea is understandably
                        tired.

                        --
                        regards,
                        Frugal
                        OS Chimp

                        PCGen's release site: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net PCGen's alpha build:
                        http://rpg.plambert.net/pcgen PCGen's FAQ:
                        Yahoo! Groups Links
                      • merton_monk
                        Message 11 of 29 , Feb 19, 2004
                          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Frugal <frugal@p...> wrote:
                          > Jalea & Frugal are proud to announce the birth of their daughter
                          Rowan
                          > Eleanor Ward at 03:30 this morning (18th Feb 2004).
                          >
                          > Rowan was born by Caeserian Section and weighs an impressive 9lb
                          13oz.

                          > Mother and baby are both doing fine, although Jalea is
                          understandably tired.

                          Congratulations! I assume Rowan will be up to speed on XML in no
                          time. :)

                          -Bryan

                          > --
                          > regards,
                          > Frugal
                          > OS Chimp
                        • dlm1065
                          Message 12 of 29 , Feb 19, 2004
                            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Frugal <frugal@p...> wrote:
                            > Jalea & Frugal are proud to announce the birth of their daughter
                            Rowan
                            > Eleanor Ward at 03:30 this morning (18th Feb 2004).
                            >
                            > Rowan was born by Caeserian Section and weighs an impressive 9lb
                            13oz.

                            > Mother and baby are both doing fine, although Jalea is
                            understandably tired.

                            > --
                            > regards,
                            > Frugal
                            > OS Chimp

                            Congrats. Hope we still get to see you here once in a while.
                          • Loyal
                            Message 13 of 29 , Feb 19, 2004
                              Congratulations! Which path will she be taking... OS? Data? Coding?

                              -Loyal

                              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Frugal <frugal@p...> wrote:
                              > Jalea & Frugal are proud to announce the birth of their daughter
                              Rowan
                              > Eleanor Ward at 03:30 this morning (18th Feb 2004).
                              >
                              > Rowan was born by Caeserian Section and weighs an impressive 9lb
                              13oz.

                              > Mother and baby are both doing fine, although Jalea is
                              understandably tired.

                              > --
                              > regards,
                              > Frugal
                              > OS Chimp
                            • Paul W. King
                              Message 14 of 29 , Feb 19, 2004
                                > Congratulations! Which path will she be taking... OS? Data? Coding?

                                Might I suggest the OGL team? :P
                              • Devon Jones
                                Message 15 of 29 , Feb 19, 2004
                                  Frugal wrote:

                                  >Jalea & Frugal are proud to announce the birth of their daughter Rowan
                                  >Eleanor Ward at 03:30 this morning (18th Feb 2004).
                                  >
                                  >Rowan was born by Caeserian Section and weighs an impressive 9lb 13oz.
                                  >
                                  >Mother and baby are both doing fine, although Jalea is understandably tired.
                                  >
                                  >--
                                  >regards,
                                  >Frugal
                                  >OS Chimp

                                  Congrats! now get out of here ;)

                                  Devon
                                • Hetter
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Feb 19, 2004
                                    Frugal wrote:

                                    >Jalea & Frugal are proud to announce the birth of their daughter Rowan
                                    >Eleanor Ward at 03:30 this morning (18th Feb 2004).
                                    >
                                    >Rowan was born by Caeserian Section and weighs an impressive 9lb 13oz.
                                    >
                                    >Mother and baby are both doing fine, although Jalea is understandably tired.
                                    >
                                    >--
                                    >regards,
                                    >Frugal
                                    >OS Chimp

                                    Congratulations Frugal. Hope you enjoyed sleep while you had it :-) .

                                    --
                                    Hetter
                                    Special Projects Silverback
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Feb 19, 2004
                                      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Frugal <frugal@p...> wrote:
                                      > Jalea & Frugal are proud to announce the birth of their daughter
                                      Rowan
                                      > Eleanor Ward at 03:30 this morning (18th Feb 2004).
                                      >
                                      > Rowan was born by Caeserian Section and weighs an impressive 9lb
                                      13oz.

                                      > Mother and baby are both doing fine, although Jalea is
                                      understandably tired.

                                      > --
                                      > regards,
                                      > Frugal
                                      > OS Chimp

                                      Congrats, Frugal!
                                    • pjak
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Feb 19, 2004
                                        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Frugal <frugal@p...> wrote:
                                        > Jalea & Frugal are proud to announce the birth of their daughter Rowan
                                        > Eleanor Ward at 03:30 this morning (18th Feb 2004).

                                        Congrats!

                                        /Jonas
                                      • TORREY JONES
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Feb 19, 2004
                                          HUZZAH! Another new gamer joins the ranks! (one can only hope! :) )

                                          Torrey

                                          ________________________________

                                          Jalea & Frugal are proud to announce the birth of their daughter Rowan
                                          Eleanor Ward at 03:30 this morning (18th Feb 2004).

                                          Rowan was born by Caeserian Section and weighs an impressive 9lb 13oz.

                                          Mother and baby are both doing fine, although Jalea is understandably tired.

                                          --
                                          regards,
                                          Frugal
                                          OS Chimp

                                        • Martijn Verburg (DSLWN)
                                          Message 20 of 29 , Feb 19, 2004
                                            Soul Sucked <evil grin>, ah my first child soul <Karianna wanders of and
                                            teaches soul the joy of PCGEN>

                                            Seriously though, Frugal many congratulations!! I'll even stop bugging you
                                            about your trackers for about 5 days ;p

                                            Karianna

                                            TM SB

                                            Message 21 of 29 , Feb 19, 2004
                                              Go ahead and bug him... he'll be up anyway... *grin*

                                              ________________________________

                                              Jalea & Frugal are proud to announce the birth of their daughter Rowan
                                              Eleanor Ward at 03:30 this morning (18th Feb 2004).

                                              Rowan was born by Caeserian Section and weighs an impressive 9lb 13oz.

                                              Mother and baby are both doing fine, although Jalea is understandably
                                              tired.

                                              --
                                              regards,
                                              Frugal
                                              OS Chimp
                                              </snip>

                                              Congratz!!! Now when can she start helping out with PCGen? :)

                                              PCGen's FAQ:

                                              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                                              click here
                                              <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c9fgnv9/M=268585.4521611.5694062.1261774/D=eg
                                              roupweb/S=1705016061:HM/EXP=1077323695/A=1950448/R=0/*http://ashnin.com/
                                              clk/muryutaitakenattogyo?YH=4521611&yhad=1950448>

                                              <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=268585.4521611.5694062.1261774/D=egrou
                                              pweb/S=:HM/A=1950448/rand=534753174>

                                            • TORREY JONES
                                              Message 22 of 29 , Feb 19, 2004
                                                programmer + New baby = No sleep = Opportunity to program. true enough. :)

                                                Questio is though, does he have the awareness to actually program correctly with that little sleep or will it be detrimental to the code? (ok, yes, I know that programmers aren't real programmers unless they routinely go without sleep for 36+ hours, ok, i'm being generous here too... ;) )

                                                Torrey

                                                ________________________________

                                                Message 23 of 29 , Feb 19, 2004
                                                  On Feb 19, 2004, at 8:14 PM, TORREY JONES wrote:

                                                  > programmer + New baby = No sleep = Opportunity to program. true
                                                  > enough. :)

                                                  Yeah, I got about 1/4 of the way through Baldur's Gate II during my
                                                  first paternity leave since my son was up every hour or two round the
                                                  clock. Plenty of free time. For about 4 weeks. Then, you're screwed...
                                                  (e.g., I never got much further in BGII :b),
                                                  but in a good way though :)

                                                  Enjoy & congrats. Hold on--it's a fun ride :)

                                                  mh - ZansForCans, proud father of two, but who still misses the endless
                                                  hours of game playing and programming occasionally... sigh...
                                                  --
                                                  Group Editing & Authoring Support
                                                  flexible campaign management for the web
                                                  Message 24 of 29 , Feb 20, 2004
                                                    Holy crap, someone I know has procreated...

                                                    I'm feeling incredibly old.

                                                    NotMousse
                                                    TM Tamarin

                                                    what's the point?

                                                  • Frugal
                                                    Message 25 of 29 , Mar 1, 2004
                                                      <quote who="notmousse@...">
                                                      > Holy crap, someone I know has procreated...
                                                      >
                                                      > I'm feeling incredibly old.

                                                      You feel old! Fortunately Jalea expecting to deliver 3 weeks after my 30th
                                                      birthday did mean that I did not have time to get down over turning 30 ;o)

                                                      I felt old a year ago, when every one I know either decided to get married
                                                      or have kids (or both at the same time). The sound of biological clocks
                                                      ticking around here is deafening (so loud even the men can hear them ;O)

                                                      --
                                                      regards,
                                                      Frugal
                                                      Message 26 of 29 , Mar 1, 2004
                                                        <quote who="Martijn Verburg (DSLWN)">

                                                        right, paternity leave over. First day back at work. Spent all morning
                                                        reading the 850 unread PCGen messages ;O) Might do some work this
                                                        afternoon.

                                                        > Soul Sucked <evil grin>, ah my first child soul <Karianna wanders of and
                                                        > teaches soul the joy of PCGEN>

                                                        <checks dates> This would be the same time that Rowan started to suck
                                                        fingers constantly... So it is all your fault ;O)

                                                        > Seriously though, Frugal many congratulations!! I'll even stop bugging
                                                        > you
                                                        > about your trackers for about 5 days ;p

                                                        Cool. Although it did take 9 days to persuade the prison... I mean
                                                        hospital to let them out.

                                                        I would just like to say a big thank you, and give a great big hug to
                                                        every one who sent their best wishes over the past 10 days. I really,
                                                        really appreciate it. It is great to be part of a community where everyone
                                                        cares so much.

                                                        <Ob baby photos>
                                                        http://www.arrow-flight.me.uk/baby%20web%20page/babyIndex.html

                                                        --
                                                        regards,
                                                        Frugal
                                                        Message 27 of 29 , Mar 1, 2004
                                                          Cute daughter. And I'm jealous! My daughter, 4 in May, was born with no
                                                          hair and didn't grow any for quite some time. Folks kept commenting on the
                                                          'boy' my wife and I had.

                                                          Message 28 of 29 , Mar 1, 2004
                                                            The rules say that a human like creature allways
                                                            has a minimum intelligence of 3.
                                                            One of my players rolled a 3 and put it in intelligence.
                                                            PCGen makes the total value of 1 which is wrong IMO.
                                                            It should be 3.

                                                            Marc
                                                          • Matt Haffner
                                                            Message 29 of 29 , Mar 1, 2004
                                                              This turns out to be a complicated issue in general for 3.5. For the
                                                              last tracker on it, check:

                                                              https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
                                                              func=detail&aid=891521&group_id=25576&atid=384719

                                                              There are different rules (and even no rules) for different race cases.

                                                              On Mar 1, 2004, at 5:37 AM, God wrote:

                                                              > The rules say that a human like creature allways
                                                              > has a minimum intelligence of 3.
                                                              > One of my players rolled a 3 and put it in intelligence.
                                                              > PCGen makes the total value of 1 which is wrong IMO.
                                                              > It should be 3.

                                                              mh - ZansForCans