Turn Undead overhaul

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 13, 2004
      It all started with a little bug about Turn Undead not getting a bonus from
      Knowledge (Religion)...

      Anyway...

      New VARs: WAS:
      For Undead Turning:
      TurnTimesUndead TurnUndead
      TurnLevelUndead TurnLevel
      TurnDiceUndead TurnDieNUmber
      TurnDieSizeUndead TurnDieSize
      TurnDamagePlusUndead TurnDamage
      TurnCheckUndead TurnCheck

      For all the other turns....
      There is
      TurnTimes*
      TurnLevel*
      TurnDice*
      TurnDieSize*
      TurnDamagePlus*
      TurnCheck*

      Replace * with Air, Fire, Water, Earth (or more as publishers create them)
      There is also 'Base' for when a class gets an ability that works with all
      Turns the character gets.... Most things are coded via the Base, atm.. The
      only difference is that TurnCheckUndead gets a +2 Synergy bonus from
      Knowledge (Religion).

      Tir Gwaith
      LST Chimp
    • Ross M. Lodge
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 14, 2004

        Is this in 3.0 _AND_ 3.5?

        Ross
      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 14, 2004
          > > For all the other turns....
          > > There is
          > > TurnTimes*
          > > TurnLevel*
          > > TurnDice*
          > > TurnDieSize*
          > > TurnDamagePlus*
          > > TurnCheck*
          >
          > Is this in 3.0 _AND_ 3.5?
          >
          > Ross

          Of course. The SA's are the same, so 3.0 users will see a bit more detail
          now. 3.0 didn't have a number of the VARs, so they were added.

          I guess the other part to mention is a bunch of new hidden feats.
          Turn Air
          Rebuke Air
          Turn Fire
          Rebuke Fire
          etc....
          Also, there is a hidden feat for some basic defines "Basic Turning" that I
          FEATAUTO'd in every class that got a Turning ability.

          Tir Gwaith
          LST Chimp
        • Ross M. Lodge
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 14, 2004

            Cool. I've been waiting for finish standardizing the turning vars before I
            finished turning in the GMGen initiative plugin.

            Ross
          • Devon Jones
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 16, 2004
              Tir Gwaith wrote:

              >It all started with a little bug about Turn Undead not getting a bonus from
              >Knowledge (Religion)...
              >
              >Anyway...
              >
              >New VARs: WAS:
              >For Undead Turning:
              >TurnTimesUndead TurnUndead
              >TurnLevelUndead TurnLevel
              >TurnDiceUndead TurnDieNUmber
              >TurnDieSizeUndead TurnDieSize
              >TurnDamagePlusUndead TurnDamage
              >TurnCheckUndead TurnCheck
              >
              >For all the other turns....
              >There is
              >TurnTimes*
              >TurnLevel*
              >TurnDice*
              >TurnDieSize*
              >TurnDamagePlus*
              >TurnCheck*
              >
              >Replace * with Air, Fire, Water, Earth (or more as publishers create them)
              >There is also 'Base' for when a class gets an ability that works with all
              >Turns the character gets.... Most things are coded via the Base, atm.. The
              >only difference is that TurnCheckUndead gets a +2 Synergy bonus from
              >Knowledge (Religion).
              >
              >Tir Gwaith
              >LST Chimp

              Found a problem - looks like you missed the Plant domain - whihc can
              command or rebuke plant creatures.
              Also, there seems to be no way to determine if it is turn or
              rebuke/command. what abotu say vars like:
              TurnType* set to 0 or 1
              TurnRebukeType* set to 0 or 1

              with undead these can be assigned with prealign, and with the rest just
              the proper feat.

              so that our labels don't say: TURN/REBUKE FIRE and TURN/REBUKE EARTH
              when all you can really do is turn fire and rebuke earth.

              Is there any way to determine what types aof turnign exist for a
              cleric? cause I don't want to ahve to hard code this stuff (so that a
              person can add new turn types and have it show up on the character sheet).

              --
              Soulcatcher (Devon Jones)
              PCGen BoD
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 18, 2004
                The old problem of having the

                BONUS:VAR|TurnTimesBase|3+CHA
                BONUS:VAR|TurnCheckBase|CHA

                Defined on the class line has returned with this re-write. These must be defined
                in the Feat line, otherwise a Paladin 4/Cleric 1 will have very messed up
                numbers.

                So, the class blocks should look like:

                1 ADD:FEAT(TYPE=TurnUndead) FEATAUTO:Basic Turning
                1 DEFINE:AllowExtraTurning|1
                1 DEFINE:AllowImprovedTurning|1
                1 BONUS:VAR|TurnLevelBase|CL
                1 BONUS:VAR|TurnDamagePlusBase|CL

                http://sf.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=899888&group_id=36698&atid=41781
                6
              • Frugal
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 1, 2004
                  <quote who="Devon Jones">
                  > Is there any way to determine what types aof turnign exist for a
                  > cleric? cause I don't want to ahve to hard code this stuff (so that a
                  > person can add new turn types and have it show up on the character sheet).

                  I think that the only way you are going to do this is to iterate over all
                  of the variables for a character and look for names like Turn*. i.e. if
                  the character has the a variable like TurnTimes* then use the * to
                  determine the other turning variables.

                  As to getting an iterator for the character variables, well that is
                  another story. I think a new method would need to be added to be added to
                  PlayerCharacter: getVariableIterator().

                  --
                  regards,
                  Frugal