Re: Custom Weapons question

  • taluroniscandar
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 5, 2004
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "sakkara" <patman@s...> wrote:

      > My DM allows additional material types to be "enchanted" onto weapons
      > (ie. Adamantine, Darkwood, Mithral, Rogukani Steel, Cold Iron, Planar
      > Metals, etc).
      >
      > Is there a way to make these values stack? There is apparently a
      > rule set that only one of these can be set, as it swaps out the
      > original value when you add a second.
      >
      > I was trying to edit the dungeonmgequipmods.lst file (removing the
      > EXCLUDEEQ_DMG ITYPE:Magic.Adamantine.Darkwood.Mithral statement) and
      > I also tried to make a custom one for my home campaign modded area.
      >
      > I seemed to remember there being a thread either on this or similar
      > to it a while back, but I tried searching the archives and didn't
      > turn up anything.
      >
      > Any help anyone can offer to point me in the right direction is

      The BaseMaterial TYPE is probably the culprit. I believe you can only
      have one 'BaseMaterial' on any one item. Make copies of the materials,
      change the KEY tag to something unique. Might want to change the name
      also to help you can keep track. Remove BaseMaterial from the TYPE
      tag. Check the line for any REPLACES or !PRETYPE tags and adjust as
      necessary.