Re: [pcgen] PCGen process (was BASESPELLSTAT (again))

  • Michael Tucker
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 3 8:43 AM
      On Tuesday, February 3, 2004, at 09:44 AM, Devon Jones wrote:

      > The process is *not* broken imho - the PCGen has outgrown the process
      > that got it this far. That's all....
      >
      > It's time for us to develop a new one, that will allow pcgen to go
      > through it's next growth stage.
      >
      > Devon

      Hear, hear! I totally agree with that. And I apologize for calling the
      current process "broken"... it's merely "obsolete" for a project team
      and code base of this size and complexity.

      It got us where we are (huge project, lots of supporters, fame and
      fortune for the PCGen team... well, ok, all but that last part).... on
      the other hand, it got us where we are (recurring or never-fixed bugs,
      spaghetti code, unstable production releases, uses all riled up).

      It's just time for the process to evolve. We're going through some
      growing pains. That's a Good Thing (tm), because it's a sure sign that
      we're growing. :-)

      Kudos and monkey snacks (tm) all around!

      ~ Java Kensai