Re: [pcgen] [BUG] 5.7.1 - cant read feat editor created feats

  • Frugal
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2004
      <quote who="Emily Smirle">
      > See my previous post about the bastard XML showing up in the
      > customFeats.lst
      >
      > On further investigation, PCGen can't read these lst entries at all.
      >
      > I'm very unhappy, as I just spent an hour and a half entering feats with
      > some really complicated PREMULT tags, and now all the PREs are garbage.
      >
      > Who checked this code in before making sure PCGen could read what it
      > wrote?

      I did on the 2nd Dec 2003.

      The problem is that the advanced tab on the feats panel treats all of the
      prerequisite tags as strings. As the Prerequisite class provides a
      toString() implementation (which looks something like xml) it uses that.

      Unfortunatly as the LST editors treated everything as strings I assumed
      that they were just manipulating strings not objects.

      I have checked in some changes so that at least some of the prerequisites
      will work correctly. I have created a persistence.output layer which
      contains the code to correctly write the following prerequisites:

      PREALIGN
      PREARMORTYPE
      PREATT
      PRECHECK
      PRECHECKBASE
      PREFEAT
      PREHANDSEQ
      PREHANDSGT
      PREHANDSGTEQ
      PREHANDSLT
      PREHANDSLTEQ
      PREHANDSNEQ
      PRESIZEEQ
      PRESIZELT
      PRESIZELTEQ
      PRESIZEGT
      PRESIZEGTEQ
      PRESIZENEQ
      PRESKILL
      PRESKILLTOT
      PRESTAT

      To try and simplfy matters I have removed all of the others from the drop
      down box on the advanced tab and I will add them back in as I write them.
      If you need any specific PRE tags let me know and I will make sure that I
      do them first.

      --
      regards,
      Frugal