[DOC] Re: [pcgen] Re: [FREQ] OUTPUT Special Abilities counter?

  • Emily Smirle
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 1, 2004
      Jeff Hoover wrote:

      >What copy of the documentation did SA appear in? I'm running 5.5.4 (on MAC OS X) and I
      >checked plambert's site and found no mention of it.
      >
      >Oh, and Thanks! It does work.

      it's not in any of the documentation, so don't feel left out.

      --
      Soylant Clear: Clearly less people, Clearly less fat.
    • Sigurdur H. Olafsson
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 2, 2004
        Please check out either:
        The "List File Tag Index" - SA
        For the full extent of SA documentattion

        Or the Global Tags - Other page

        see the following link for the current version.
        http://rpg.plambert.net/pcgen/current/_docs/listfilepages/globalfilest
        agpages/globalfilesother.html#SA

        For Global SA documentation

        If it´s complete or not I cannot tell on the other hand.

        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 2, 2004
          But isn´t Tag Name: SA:name(SPECIALS) deprecated?

          From the console in 5.5.9.
          "SPECIALS in class files is now deprecated, please use feats instead."

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Sigurdur H. Olafsson" <here@h...>

          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 2, 2004
            Sigurdur H. Olafsson wrote:

            >But isn´t Tag Name: SA:name(SPECIALS) deprecated?
            >
            >>From the console in 5.5.9.
            >"SPECIALS in class files is now deprecated, please use feats instead."

            I've never seen SPECIALS, and never used it.

            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 2, 2004
              Sigurdur H. Olafsson wrote:

              >Please check out either:
              >The "List File Tag Index" - SA
              >For the full extent of SA documentattion
              >
              >Or the Global Tags - Other page
              >
              >see the following link for the current version.
              >http://rpg.plambert.net/pcgen/current/_docs/listfilepages/globalfilest
              >agpages/globalfilesother.html#SA
              >
              >For Global SA documentation
              >
              >If it´s complete or not I cannot tell on the other hand.

              As I said, SPECIALABILITY is not documented. Nor is COUNT[SA]. Thus the
              DOC tag, to get a tracker for DOC monkeys.

              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 2, 2004
                Sigurdur H. Olafsson wrote:

                >But isn´t Tag Name: SA:name(SPECIALS) deprecated?
                >
                >>From the console in 5.5.9.
                >"SPECIALS in class files is now deprecated, please use feats instead."

                Ok, SA is separate from SPECIALS is separate from SPECIALABILITY.
                ESPECIALLY when talking about output sheet tags vs LST tags.

                SA is a LST tag that enters a special ability. it is not deprecated.

                SPECIALABILITY is an OUTPUT tag that spits out the nth special ability
                as entered using SA.

                COUNT[SA] is used on the output sheets to tell you how many special
                abilities the character has, usually used in loop control.

                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 2, 2004
                  Gotcha now :)
                  Tracker:
                  [ 889038 ] SPECIALABILITY & COUNT[SA] are not documented
                  organized.

                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 2, 2004
                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Emily Smirle <smirle4498@r...> wrote:
                    > SPECIALABILITY is an OUTPUT tag that spits out the nth special
                    > ability as entered using SA.

                    And seemingly is documented in:
                    http://rpg.plambert.net/pcgen/current/_docs/outputsheetpages/tokens/ou
                    tputsheettokensspecialability.html#SPECIALABILITY

                    > COUNT[SA] is used on the output sheets to tell you how many special
                    > abilities the character has, usually used in loop control.

                    This is how it is currently documened:

                    Token Name: COUNT[x]

                    Variables Used (x): Text (Count Type).

                    CLASSES - The number of classes a character has.
                    snip
                    SA - The number of special attacks a character has.

                    so someone obviously thinks SA stands for Special Attacks.

                    So is the bottom line then that the only problem in the current docs
                    is that the COUNT[SA] entry is bugged... or am I still missing
                    something?
                  • Shane Molnar
                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 2, 2004
                      I was probably the fool who made the incorrect entry! :(

                      SA should be Special Ability...

                      Fixed in outputsheettokens and PREXXX listfile area. I will behave
                      better in the future, I promise! :)

                      Shane Molnar
                      (a.k.a. LetohNereg)
                      www.rubycovenant.com.au
                      PCGen Doc Silverback
                      PCGen BoD

                      > SPECIALABILITY is an OUTPUT tag that spits out the nth special ability

                      > as entered using SA.

                      And seemingly is documented in:
                      http://rpg.plambert.net/pcgen/current/_docs/outputsheetpages/tokens/ou
                      tputsheettokensspecialability.html#SPECIALABILITY

                      > COUNT[SA] is used on the output sheets to tell you how many special
                      > abilities the character has, usually used in loop control.

                      This is how it is currently documened:

                      Token Name: COUNT[x]

                      Variables Used (x): Text (Count Type).

                      CLASSES - The number of classes a character has.
                      snip
                      SA - The number of special attacks a character has.

                      so someone obviously thinks SA stands for Special Attacks.

                      So is the bottom line then that the only problem in the current docs
                      is that the COUNT[SA] entry is bugged... or am I still missing
                      something?

                      PCGen's FAQ:

                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                      To visit your group on the web, go to:

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                    • Sigurdur H. Olafsson
                      Message 10 of 17 , Feb 3, 2004
                        Shane, tracker [ 889038 ] modified accordingly and assigned to you.

                        Emily / Jeff, do you believe the matter is solved?

                        Message 11 of 17 , Feb 3, 2004
                          Jeff it should be in the current documentation (5.5.9. / Plambert),
                          please get back if you can/cannot find it.

                          Message 12 of 17 , Feb 3, 2004
                            Sigurdur H. Olafsson wrote:

                            >Shane, tracker [ 889038 ] modified accordingly and assigned to you.
                            >
                            >Emily / Jeff, do you believe the matter is solved?

                            I couldn't find SPECIALABILITY before, but what the hey, I can't find my
                            socks either. With the correction to COUNT[SA], it should be just fine.

                            --
                            Soylant Clear: Clearly less people, Clearly less fat.
                          • Jeff Hoover
                            Message 13 of 17 , Feb 3, 2004
                              Sigurdur-

                              I don't see it in the 5.5.9 (Mac OS X) release or at <http://rpg.plambert.net/pcgen/
                              current/_docs/>

                              It works in 5.5.4, and I'll check it in 5.5.9 very soon now that Connor has the Mac installer
                              ready.

                              -jjh

                              Message 14 of 17 , Feb 4, 2004
                                Jeff,