[RSRD Templates] First pass done! Testers Needed

  • andargor
    Message 1 of 31 , Feb 1, 2004
      Whew! Those Lycanthropes are HARD :)

      I tried different methods, and settled on monster classes for
      Lycanthropes. Solves a lot of issues.

      There are several things that don't work, though. Here's a list of
      things in the LSTs that I don't understand. Anyone with strong LST-fu
      out there?

      # NOTES AND QUESTIONS
      # rsrd_feats_templates.lst used for special abilities
      # REMOVEABLE necessary?
      # How the heck can I add natural attacks?
      # Celestial, Fiendish: PRETYPE doesn't seem to function properly
      # Celestial, Fiendish: Override alignment restrictions
      # Celestial, Fiendish: Animals or Vermin become Magical Beast...
      SWITCHRACE and EXCHANGELEVEL do not work
      # Celestial, Fiendish: minimum intelligence 3, how to increase
      automatically?
      # Ghost: No incorporeal template, should it be created?
      # Half-celestial, Half-fiend: Unsure if levels or racial HD should be
      considered for innate spells. RSRD unclear
      # Half-celestial, Half-fiend: How do I adjust the caster level and DCs
      for innate spells for output?
      # Half-dragon: How do I implement a change for racial HD size (NOT
      class dice size)
      # Lycanthrope: CR doesn't take variables (Java exception)
      # Skeleton: How do I remove the base creature feats? And all skills?
      # Zombie: How do I drop all the class level hit dice, take the racial
      hitdice and recalculate using d12s?

      # NOTE: Size does not change, is there a way to get BONUS:SIZEMOD to
      NOT add ability bonuese?
      # How the heck can I add natural attacks?

      Can anyone test please?

      Andargor
    • andargor
      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 7, 2004
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "andargor" <andargor@y...> wrote:
        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>
        > wrote:
        > > General comment:
        > >
        > > I'm eventually going to look over these files. I really want to
        > stay away
        > > from using a CLASS object for a template. Ian and I will discuss
        > this.
        > > Unless Doug overrides me, this won't be in the stable release. I'm
        > going to
        > > try to test the other templates today and get those in, however.
        > >
        > > Other comments below..
        > >
        > > Tir Gwaith
        > > LST Chimp
        > >

        > Oh, and I forgot. There are some templates that use HD based ability
        > progression, instead or LEVEL. Celestial comes to mind, if I recall.
        >
        > If you spot anything wrong, I can fix it tonight.
        >
        > Andargor

        Should I work on a second pass? Or should I wait for your comments
        and/or the resolution of the Lycanthrope issue and my FREQ for
        auto-adding levels?

        Andargor