Re: [pcgen] CVS custom feats in XML?

  • Frugal
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2004
      On Sunday 01 February 2004 04:20, Keith Davies wrote:
      > On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 11:06:02AM -0500, Emily Smirle wrote:
      > > Checked out code from CVS, built, started running pcgen. Used the feat
      > > editor to ad a whackload of feats, intending to copy them to my
      > > personal LST files for polishing...
      > >
      > > and found them in some kind of bastard XML.
      > >
      > > Neat. Does this work in regular LST files now? or only the customFeats
      > > file?
      >
      > Unless this is due to some experimental stuff Frugal was doing, I know
      > nothing about it. Where in the source tree do you find this? (or
      > better, mail me the XML file)

      This has nothing to do with experimental XML. The most likely problem is that
      the feat editor is creating a prerequisite and then just assuming that it is
      a String in LST syntax.

      I have a toString() on Prerequisite to aid debugging and the Feat editor is
      assuming that the toString() method returns LST syntax.

      This is another example of the lack of separation between the data, the
      implementation and the persistence layers.

      I am going to have to write a series of Persistence layer classes for
      Prerequisites so that they can be written out into LST syntax.

      --
      regards,
      Frugal